• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Graduates 'should try leaving UK'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graduates 'should try leaving UK'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8065615.stm

So we put too many people through the higher education system meaning we have a lack of traditional skilled workers, we then import skilled workers and send grads abroad.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

"The government is urging graduates to consider a spell working abroad, whether in internships or volunteering, to avoid the worst of the recession."

Duh, the rest of the world's in recession too, not in a small part thanks to the Gordon and George show.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

This is the sort of "politicians comment" than makes me laugh out loud, especially when at the same time MP's are saying that you wouldn't get the right "type of people"* wanting to be an MP at a starting rate of £65,000 or whatever it is....

They have to get their mates husband to add up the numbers for their annual tax returns because they can't count higher than 10....

Watch any of them on Question Time and it's like watching the chimps at the zoo...

Intellectual Giants??? I think not!

* stupid worthless scroungers
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        "The government is urging graduates to consider a spell working abroad, whether in internships or volunteering, to avoid the worst of the recession."

Duh, the rest of the world's in recession too, not in a small part thanks to the Gordon and George show.
        I always thought it was the fault of Clinton for ensuring poor people are offered mortgages?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I always thought it was the fault of Clinton for ensuring poor people are offered mortgages?
          Well whoever’s fault it was, I’m blaming Gordon.

Comment

Well whoever’s fault it was, I’m blaming Gordon.

I think alot of the electorate will join you soon : unless he does something to raise his popularity. Like invade France.

Comment

Aye, that is where the US problems started.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I think alot of the electorate will join you soon : unless he does something to raise his popularity. Like invade France.
                Spain

Edit: added link to reason to invade Spain
                Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 26 May 2009, 13:28.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Spain
                  The food's better in Italy.

Comment

It's like a government-sponsored brain-drain, what if the physics graduates stay abroad and the sport scientists return home
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X