• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only 5 weeks to go...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 5 weeks to go...

until I'm benched!

Eeeeeeekkkk!!!!!

I'm half bricking it, half really really really looking forward to it! I haven't had any time off for ages.
    The pope is a tard.

Put in for Shearers job doon the Toon.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      Nah I've got too much managerial experience for that
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        she's over qualified

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          until I'm benched!

Eeeeeeekkkk!!!!!

I'm half bricking it, half really really really looking forward to it! I haven't had any time off for ages.
          I only started this gig last week, I've only got 5 weeks to go too.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I've also got 5 weeks to go, nothing mentioned about extension or renewal so I've started to cast the net out

Comment

Only been benched 2 weeks now but it seems like 2 months!

i was quite looking forward to a mini break, however now that I've paid this quarter's PAYE, VAT and NI, I suddenly find myself with a warchest that will only last for a few weeks
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                until I'm benched!

Eeeeeeekkkk!!!!!

Dont worry, bench time is to be embraced!

I was the same before i finished a couple of weeks back, thinking what the feck i was going to do given all the doom and gloom on this board.

2 weeks in and i'm loving it! Had lots of calls and seen a few promising roles, its not as bad as others make out. I'm just enjoying the time off now and 2 weeks later finally starting to wind down and relax. Decided not to hurry accepting anything as there's a million things i'd rather be doing than working and i'm gonna do them!

Unless you are totally skint then just look forward to a month chilling and doing whatever you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                  just look forward to a month chilling and doing whatever you want to do.
                  Durban Poison?

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
                    Durban Poison?
                    I'd love to be laid up in the garden with a fat one but the cries of "whats that funny smell daddy" may put a stopper on that.

Comment

Working...
                    X