• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports Fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Fans

Why do sports fans always know more about their particular sport than the experienced professionals who’ve been playing at a good standard since they were about 9?

This applies especially, but not exclusively, to fans of Association Football teams.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Why do sports fans always know more about their particular sport than the experienced professionals who’ve been playing at a good standard since they were about 9?

This applies especially, but not exclusively, to fans of Association Football teams.
    Because football players are usually as thick as a gurka's foreskin.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Because it gives folks the chance to chunter on without having to actually say anything.

Mind you, I fancy Everton for the cup, what d'you reckon ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
        Because football players are usually as thick as a gurka's foreskin.
        And football supporters are so much smarter?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Where does it say you have to be able to do a thing before you can show someone else how to do it?
          There are any number of examples of people who could not do a particular sport training others. Do you think Tiger Woods dad is a better golfer than Tiger?

Some fans have years of experience in the game and know just as much about the theory and tactics as do the pros.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Well, not stoke fans obviously.
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

EO... Mich is calling yoo fick.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                Where does it say you have to be able to do a thing before you can show someone else how to do it?
                There are any number of examples of people who could not do a particular sport training others. Do you think Tiger Woods dad is a better golfer than Tiger?

Some fans have years of experience in the game and know just as much about the theory and tactics as do the pros.
                dont be daft. Everyone know you can't write science fiction unless you have been to the moon

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  EO... Mich is calling yoo fick.
                  hold me coat. someone better old me back, im gonna do im
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

WHS............ although lots of Footie Fans don't know tulip....

Comment

Working...
                    X