• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you ever have a drink.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you ever have a drink.........

Would you ever have a drink before 'the sun is over the yard arm' ?
    I mean, would you ever wake up in the am and head straight to the fridge for an ale ?

I wouldn't. I think I developed a set of rules when I was young designed to stop me becoming an Alkie (pity they didnt work)

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I wouldn't. I think I developed a set of rules when I was young designed to stop me becoming an Alkie (pity they didnt work)
    Same here - seeing gangs of tourists guzzling lager at 8.00 am at the airport always makes me feel self-righteous! And lonely

Comment

No.

I'm aware of how easy it would be for me to become addicted to something, hence my addictions tend to be towards the healthy stuff like work.

<- needs to get a life, he fears.

Comment

I occasionally enjoy a prosecco in the morning, and there are many people in Germany who drink a glass of sekt with their breakfast. Good for hangovers.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was drunk most mornings in June 2002.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world. I just change my state of mind to encompass that
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I was drunk most mornings in June 2002.
              Because you started in the morning or forgot to finish the night before?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Would you ever have a drink before 'the sun is over the yard arm' ?
                I mean, would you ever wake up in the am and head straight to the fridge for an ale ?

Ditto all counts. Was impressed with old-time expats when I worked on the plantation: they would literally not start until precisely sundown.

I make a very few exceptions, all part of a strict rule: bucks fizz on Christmas morning, etc.

Comment

I rarely drink before the sun sets.

Comment

No. I have to have been out of bed for a couple of hours.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X