• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Galloway challenges US Senators

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a great deal easier for US senators to launch allegations against someone in the media, than it is for the recipient to defend those allegations in the media. Mud sticks 'n all that.

Galloway typically has challenged them to charge him with perjury. Those Senators must now put up or shut-up.

If they put up, I suspect it would be a move they would learn to regret for a long, long time.

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    If they put up, I suspect it would be a move they would learn to regret for a long, long time.
    Senators seems to have the kind of "evidence" that no decent court would accept - Galloway has certainly got balls to play his cards straight.

Comment

America learned nothing from the McCarty trials

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
        America learned nothing from the McCarty trials
        Too right, that scouse singer/songwriter should have gone down for 20 at least.

Comment

Right to Reply ...George Galloway

Of Tariq Aziz and Ramadan's evidence, he said:

"The evidence is statements made by the people on trial for genocide and living now in the dungeons of the American occupation in Iraq.

"Knowing what we do about what happens to people in American dungeons in Iraq, you don't have to be a genius to work out why, after May, they would get somebody to say what they want them to say.

"Nobody has ever given me one thin dime from an oil deal or any other deal.

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I mean, c'mon, a politician who hasn't taken a few brown envelopes stuffed with fivers, or greased a few palms along the way ?

No wonder George is so livid....looks like opportunities have passed him by and now he is upset....

George needs to remember one thing so..so does the rest of the UK.

Whilst it may be fashionable to prod and poke the yanks at the moment, we should be wary that in 3-5 years times when the next can of Whoop-Ass is opened, we are not the recipients.

I'm just saying that if we continue to pi55 of the colonials, we shouldn't be suprised if they bite us back in turn.

Considering the UK were the masters of worldwide Diplomacy during the last 500 years...we need to continue the trend of being "Wormtongue" and letting the King think he has all the power...if the King happens to be the Yanks...then so be it
            Last edited by Board Game Geek; 26 October 2005, 00:55.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
              Sounds like sour grapes to me.
              Why? Its not like its HIM who is running around and accusing OTHERs of making money from Saddam -- it is him who is being accused and if all the "evidence" they have was obtained from Abu Greid, X-Ray etc, then no decent court should accept it -- this is not even getting evidence under duress, its so much worse than it that I have not got a good word.

Comment

Working...
              X