• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amsterdam Accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amsterdam Accommodation

Ive got a contract in amsterdam initially lasting for 3 months.
    I need a place to stay, thats out of town, im ok doing a small train journey in or a long walk.
    I require WIFI in the accommodation, and it needs to be quiet.
    Does anyone know of anywhere reasonably priced that will meet my requirements.

Cheers.

Daren Taylor.

Expensive!!

Been contracting in Amsterdam for 9 months now and its an expensive place to live!!. Try Amstelveen on the outskirts of Amsterdam, which will probably set you back 700-900 euros for somewhere half decent. You will also find it difficult to get a 3 month rental. There is a place which does a studio room on a 3 month rolling contract but its central Amsterdam and your looking at 1300 euros.

Let us know if you need the details!.

Comment

I stay in the Rennaissance near Amsterdam Central. It's just been refurbished. I get the special rate of 150 euro a night.

Comment

Try www.hotels.nl

Go and stay in Haarlem instead; 15 minutes on the train from Amsterdam, half the price and it's a damn nice place with lots of good, reasonably priced restaurants. They don't have the planet-sized egos that Amsterdammers all seem to have either.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Try www.hotels.nl

Go and stay in Haarlem instead; 15 minutes on the train from Amsterdam, half the price and it's a damn nice place with lots of good, reasonably priced restaurants. They don't have the planet-sized egos that Amsterdammers all seem to have either.
          Some fish with those chips?

Comment

Originally posted by mcBontempi View Post
            Ive got a contract in amsterdam initially lasting for 3 months.
            I need a place to stay, thats out of town, im ok doing a small train journey in or a long walk.
            I require WIFI in the accommodation, and it needs to be quiet.
            Does anyone know of anywhere reasonably priced that will meet my requirements.
            I used to work a fair bit in the Netherlands and meetings were always in different bits of the country so the one thing i can say is the trains are excellent and its really easy to get around so dont be worried about widening your search radius.

I'd +1 for Haarlem though if working in the Dam. Amsterdam itself is very very expensive AFAIK.

Comment

If there were only chips to eat in Haarlem I wouldn't be here; I don't like deep fried food, including chips.

Anyway Mr McBontempi, if you do come to Haarlem then send me a PM and I'll show you around for an evening.

Comment

I did a weekly commute job in Amsterdam. I can heartily recommend the Banks Mansion Hotel. I think it's on Heerengracht but I can't remember exactly (the place or how to spell it).

That said, it doesn't meet any of your criteria except wifi & quiet.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  If there were only chips to eat in Haarlem I wouldn't be here; I don't like deep fried food, including chips.

Anyway Mr McBontempi, if you do come to Haarlem then send me a PM and I'll show you around for an evening.
                  I was implying that you have a chip on your shoulder with regards to Amsterdammers wrt their accents, accomodation etc.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    I was implying that you have a chip on your shoulder with regards to Amsterdammers wrt their accents, accomodation etc.
                    Oh that. Yes, I'm a country bumpkin alright.

Comment

Working...
                    X