• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Mortgages conundrum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Mortgages conundrum

Hi there,

I find myself in a bit of a predicament.

I recently went freelance after 16 months of travelling. On my return in July 2006 I worked through an offshore company (DMS) based in the isle of Man. Since April of last year I have been working through a limited company and am due to submit my first year accounts imminently. I;ve just started a new 6 month contract which will realistically last (based on prior experience) 1-2 years.

I currently own my own my flat and have about a 40% or less loan to value ratio. I would like to release an additional (at the very most) 30% (70k) from my flat to help me fund another purchase. I would need to switch my current mortgage to buy to let. The plan is to rent the property to the council ( who are paying about 15% over market value) and who will guarantee the rent for three years. The rent will more than cover the mortgage repayments on the property I think.

3 times my annual salary is approx 500K. I have about 120k in savings for a deposit and would like to look at a property for around 500k

So ...120k savings +70 in released equity = 190. I would like to get a mortgage for the remaining 310.

Abbey, my current provider, need two years of company accounts, despite me being with them for 9 years, and getting my initial mortgage when I was a limited company before. Given that most banks refuse to accept managed companies DMS " interest free loans" and income what would you suggest I do.

Are there any banks out will to lend to me based on one year of company accounts and lots of equity/deposit?
    Any help/pointers is greatful accepted

you may be able to buy the second property with a buy to let mortgage, you then rent a third property for your own use.

Comment

Have you looked at this?

They should have a better understanding of your circumstances.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I recently obtained an 80% mortgage via contractormoney based on my contract value. Only been Ltd since Jan. Highly recomended.

Comment

Cheers jedi, beat me to it.

Please use the CUK form to contact them or at least let them know that you heard about them from us. I have used them to and as long as you have a signed contract they should be able to sort you out.

Comment

another option they will consider is if you use a BTL mortgage for your existing property and also a BTL mortgage for your new property and you live in a third rented property.

Comment

Working...
            X