• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

The world can see how strong New Labour's economy is on the world stage is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8070253.stm

Signs that the UK economy could be over the worst of the downturn have prompted investors to shift away from dollars, which are deemed a safer investment.

I bet the USA wished they had Brown as President.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Signs that the UK economy could be over the worst of the downturn have prompted investors to shift away from dollars, which are deemed a safer investment.

Nothing whatever to do with the US economy being in the toilet then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Doesn't mean the Yanks won't recover better and faster in the medium to long term, if they're taking the hit on the nose now while Brown desperately tries to prolong the borrowing spree and postpone the day of reckoning ...
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Doesn't mean the Yanks won't recover better and faster in the medium to long term, if they're taking the hit on the nose now while Brown desperately tries to prolong the borrowing spree and postpone the day of reckoning ...
        Thats true....borrowing will cost this country dearly and some analyst are saying Yanks can start recovery by the end of the year (or start of next year) whereas UK (and Europe) its a long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
          Thats true....borrowing will cost this country dearly and some analyst are saying Yanks can start recovery by the end of the year (or start of next year) whereas UK (and Europe) its a long way to go.
          Have we all suddenly started believing 'some analysts'?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Not really ...What i meant to say even dafts commonly termed as "analysts" are also quite pessimistic about UK....

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              As an analyst, crikey I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                As an analyst, crikey I hope not
                What kind of analist are you?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X