• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here had the poorest upbringing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here had the poorest upbringing?

Lived my life on council estates. Parents never owned a car, telephone or went abroad. Only luxury was a colour TV. I attended the worst state schools imaginable.

But look at me now. Living the high life in Swindon. Who'd have thought it?

Cue Pythonesque Yorkshiremen quotes.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Lived my life on council estates. Parents never owned a car, telephone or went abroad. Only luxury was a colour TV. I attended the worst state schools imaginable.

But look at me now. Living the high life in Swindon. Who'd have thought it?
      You had a colour TV? You were lucky. We had to make do with a cardboard box with some clingfilm over it and then someone had to sit behind it and move the puppets.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        You had a colour TV? You were lucky. We had to make do with a cardboard box with some clingfilm over it and then someone had to sit behind it and move the puppets.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Cue Pythonesque Yorkshiremen quotes.
          And why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            You had spare cardboard boxes to use for frivolities?

Don't know you're born.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              You had spare cardboard boxes to use for frivolities?

Don't know you're born.
              We had to fold them up at night and use them as mattresses, and we used the clingfilm to stop my little brother snoring. He was very young when he died; asphyxia got to him. Must have been the smoke from the factory.

Comment

We were so poor I had to go to state school up to the age of eleven before being able to attend a good private school.

We keep it very quiet.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

We were so poor that my parents couldn't let us have an upbringing.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

My parents were so poor in the late 60s they had to smoke weeds.

Hold on, no, that's not right...

Comment

Working...
                    X