• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Book Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Book Recommendations

Anyone got any good recommendations for holiday reading. Don't mind if it's fiction or non-fiction. I'd rather avoid a hefty tome, and nothing too deep. Don't fancy wading my way through "war and peace" or "the decline and fall of the roman empire" in between cocktails, but equally, I'm not one for formulaic popular trash either. I've read a couple of Clive Cussler and Grisham books, and I find them as interesting as watching repeats of top gear on "dave".
    So, any suggestions?

Debt Collection for Dummies
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If you skip the historiography essays War and Peace isn't deep at all. It's like Hollyoaks with cannons.

Comment

Pot Noodling for Dummies by AtW
        Walter Mitty, Who me? by Dim Prawn and Threaded
        How I lost 99.9% of my Brain in a freak birth accident by CyberCretin.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

For anyone that's a bit of a film buff and who likes something that's difficult to classify how about Flicker? I liked it a lot.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
            Anyone got any good recommendations for holiday reading. Don't mind if it's fiction or non-fiction. I'd rather avoid a hefty tome, and nothing too deep. Don't fancy wading my way through "war and peace" or "the decline and fall of the roman empire" in between cocktails, but equally, I'm not one for formulaic popular trash either. I've read a couple of Clive Cussler and Grisham books, and I find them as interesting as watching repeats of top gear on "dave".
            So, any suggestions?
            Have a look at some of Terry Pratchetts books. The early ones especially are light, easy to read and very funny.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
              The Mind's I

Comment

Last chance to see, fascinating, thought provoking, one of my all time favourites.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Dan Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                    So, any suggestions?
                    1) Apparently "Stig of the Dump" fits your criteria.......

2) Sorted a stack of Cussler and Grisham does it then..............

Comment

Working...
                    X