• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Body Odour...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Odour...

Really need to tell someone here (permy) that they stink badly...

Everyone notices, but no-one says anything. How does one tell someone that they punk??

To their face?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post

Everyone notices, but no-one says anything. How does one tell someone that they punk??
      Anonymous body odour email:

http://www.nooffenseoranything.com/bodyodor_email.html

HTH
      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Place a bar of soap and a deodorant on their desk. Issue everyone else with clothes pegs and all put them on their noses when smelly git comes in.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
          Excellent, the wonderful www to the rescue...

Comment

There are obscure medical conditions that prevent the body from breaking down certain enzymes (or make too much of them - I forget which).

These can result in someone smelling fishy or rank in some way, despite their best efforts to wash and deodorize etc, and I imagine might be a nice little earner for a victim who chose to sue the company or individual coworkers for harassment if soap and suchlike is left on their desks or they receive anonymous emails etc !

Mind you, it's far more likely the git in question doesn't wash, or cycles twenty miles into work and doesn't shower.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              There are obscure medical conditions that prevent the body from breaking down certain enzymes (or make too much of them - I forget which).

These can result in someone smelling fishy or rank in some way, despite their best efforts to wash and deodorize etc, and I imagine might be a nice little earner for a victim who chose to sue the company or individual coworkers for harassment if soap and suchlike is left on their desks or they receive anonymous emails etc !

Mind you, it's far more likely the git in question doesn't wash, or cycles twenty miles into work and doesn't shower.
              Wouldn't be very anonymous if they knew where they came from.
              You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post

Young cocksure manager a couple of gigs ago was bragging about how well he handled the same situation by advising said smelly bastard to change his washing powder.

"This takes the person out of the problem as you are blaming their clothes and not them"

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Wait for Secret Santa, slip an extra present in for them, maybe Lynx.

Comment

Build a replica of Stonehenge around his desk using air fresheners/deoderants and soap.

If he doesn't get the hint at least you'll have an interesting piece of "artwork" to look at.

Comment

Working...
                    X