• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On me hols

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On me hols

For 2 days today. Refactor family and co are off to far flung Legoland and Chessington for the first time for a little mini break - it aint French Polynesia but we're looking forward to it.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Put your valuables away. The northerners are coming!

Have a good break

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
      For 2 days today. Refactor family and co are off to far flung Legoland and Chessington for the first time for a little mini break - it aint French Polynesia but we're looking forward to it.
      Probably too late for you - but did you remember to take your half price coupons with you?

The regular prices for a family of four at legoland are pretty steep otherwise.

Comment

We're back. Legoland was a traffic jam full of a special type of retard that walks half a metre in front of you and has a 6th sense for changing direction just as you try to accelerate and overtake them on foot. Chessington was much better yesterday though and overall we picked the right weekend weather-wise.
        Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
          We're back. Legoland was a traffic jam full of a special type of retard that walks half a metre in front of you and has a 6th sense for changing direction just as you try to accelerate and overtake them on foot.
          Sounds like you were in Edinburgh. If only cattle prods were legal to use on the Japanese tourists.

An Edinburgh councillor has proposed that a "fast lane" be set up on Edinburgh’s Princes Street in order to combat delays for those walking along the shopping thoroughfare on their route to work.

Conservative councillor Jason Rust has said that many of his constituents have been angered at hold ups suffered as result of the thousands of shoppers who grace the street at peak times.

Speaking to the BBC, Cllr. Rust said: “Now and again I am in a hurry and stuck behind people who are walking along at snail’s pace, stopping every few seconds, and it is a minor irritation. This would be a practical measure to see if it works.”

He added “The problem would be how to enforce it but I’m sure the majority of people would go with it, with the outer part of the street having the fast lane.”

Comment

Working...
          X