• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britains Got Talented Benefits Fraudsters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britains Got Talented Benefits Fraudsters

If you've seen any of the BGT shows, you probably know who the breakdancing pensioner is. Seems he also claimend of dissability living allowance as well as being a nimble old body poppin' fool....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...r-bad-leg.html

BALDING bodypopper Fred Bowers was being probed for benefit fraud last night — as it emerged the Britain’s Got Talent sensation is coining it in disability handouts.

The breakdancing pensioner, 73, gets £70-a-week on top of his state pension — AND a free car — after persuading officials he has a gammy left leg.

Last edited by Pickle2; 29 May 2009, 08:35.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    If you've seen any of the BGT shows, you probably know who the breakdancing pensioner is. Seems he also claimend of dissability living allowance as well as being a nimble old body poppin' fool....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...r-bad-leg.html

BALDING bodypopper Fred Bowers was being probed for benefit fraud last night — as it emerged the Britain’s Got Talent sensation is coining it in disability handouts.

The breakdancing pensioner, 73, gets £70-a-week on top of his state pension — AND a free car — after persuading officials he has a gammy left leg.

Bad that it is that someone may be committing benefit fraud the salaciousness of the news media in regards to this (e.g., photographing someone at an ATM ... wtf?) is equally nauseating.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Bad that it is that someone may be committing benefit fraud the salaciousness of the news media in regards to this (e.g., photographing someone at an ATM ... wtf?) is equally nauseating.
      I just thought it was funny that the thought never occured to him that going on national tv as a breakdancer might not be the wisest idea given that he claims cash from the state for being disabled. FAIL!

Comment

Yes. Well done 'Glenn Harvey', you're a credit to the photojournalist profession.

I used to do a bit of press work in my younger days but I hated it, and loathed my 'colleagues'. You have to be a an completely unprincipled bastard with a heart of stone. I know of several cases of photographers getting bolloked by their picture editor for stopping to help people in road accidents etc. instead of just snapping them. Tossers the lot of 'em.

Not that I have any sympathy with benefit cheats, but it is rather low snooping around after some 73 year old geezer.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Yes. Well done 'Glenn Harvey', you're a credit to the photojournalist profession.

I used to do a bit of press work in my younger days but I hated it, and loathed my 'colleagues'. You have to be a an completely unprincipled bastard with a heart of stone. I know of several cases of photographers getting bolloked by their picture editor for stopping to help people in road accidents etc. instead of just snapping them. Tossers the lot of 'em.

Not that I have any sympathy with benefit cheats, but it is rather low snooping around after some 73 year old geezer.
          Yup.

Journos - first against the wall when the revolution comes. Scum, the lot of 'em.

Comment

Yup.

Journos - first against the wall when the revolution comes. Scum, the lot of 'em.
            Hmm, think the first place position is taken by politicians.

We need the photo journos to record their shooting before we target them next.

Comment

Why is he getting Disability Benefit anyway? What is Disability Benefit for?

If he wants to work but can't (or is limited) because of disability, he could be paid to overcome the restrictions, or compensated for being unable to work. But then he should not be on a pension, because he isn't retired, he's looking for work.
              If he is retired, he should get Disability Benefit only if there is a consequence of his disability, that can be ameliorated or compensated by money.

But if he is retired, not looking for work, and not in need of benefit in order specifically to overcome the consequences of his disability, what is the purpose of giving him benefit?

Comment

Much as these journos are scum, I think they are justified in chasing a bloke who is claiming disability allowance for a gammi leg who then goes on national TV and break dances.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  But if he is retired, not looking for work, and not in need of benefit in order specifically to overcome the consequences of his disability, what is the purpose of giving him benefit?
                  I think its officialy to help people get around, ie to pay for a car or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    Much as these journos are scum, I think they are justified in chasing a bloke who is claiming disability allowance for a gammi leg who then goes on national TV and break dances.
                    They are entitled to report it, but the sneaky, voyeuristic snaps just sums up a lot of the press for me, especially that esteemed organ The Sun.

Any decent journalist would have gone up to the bloke and let him know what he was in for, instead of skulking around like a gutless idiot.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X