• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V shaped recovery underway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V shaped recovery underway

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...s_29_may09.jpg

Who says you can't inflate a burst credit bubble?

Boomed!

I'm currently looking to dip a toe back in to the property market - not sure its completely bottomed out though.
    Looking for a couple of flats to buy in a decentish central area of London south of the river.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm still looking.

Property coming onto the market seems no cheaper than 2007 and sells within days/weeks.

I'll guess I'll have to wait until this (bigger) bubble being blown up now pops next year and bankrupts the UK government.

Comment

Wonder what the graph would look like were it seasonally adjusted though.

A mate who is an estate agent is a lot busier than they were, but still having difficulty in actually doing any transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'm still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            I know, it's worse than SKA news.

Comment

Even by my tight standards, there are some properties coming on now (probably distress sales) that look good value.
              In case this is really a sustainable V-shaped recovery (unlikely but possible), I wouldn't want to miss out, so probably will hedge by buying one flat now and keeping the rest of my powder dry till later.
              Last edited by sasguru; 29 May 2009, 08:59.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

...an alternative is the stock market, particularly Asia. Japanese manufacturing jumped 5% last month, if that isn't a positive indicator I don't know what is. As one commentator pointed out, this isn't a green shoot it's a tree.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I'm currently looking to dip a toe back in to the property market - not sure its completely bottomed out though.
                  Looking for a couple of flats to buy in a decentish central area of London south of the river.
                  Did you not scoff at me last week for buying a house?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm only buying at a big discount. No discount, no sale.

Comment

Working...
                    X