• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theoretically

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theoretically

if you were trying to move house and the solicitors
    • failed to acquire critical documentation from abroad from a relative with a charge on the house, even with a year's notice.
    • Procrastinated in acquiring said documentation.
    • Concocted cock and bull stories about couriers and tracking numbers later dismissed as myth by the vendors
    • Kept delaying the completion date because "just one more bit of paper" was required from the relative abroad.
    • Did not return phone calls.
    • Did not return emails.
    • Concocted cock and bull stories about legal undertakings to withhold monies on behalf of said relative, sent by email in English a 4 year old would wince at.
    • Got stroppy and dragged their heels when you asked them to confirm things in writing.

And after many weeks when you had a target completion date that had again slipped as they need just one more piece of documentation from abroad, which had just about nobbed of your prospective tenant thereby losing you money ....

Would you escalate this to the law society? To what end? What other options are there?

Theoretically you understand.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Yes I'd escalate it to the Law Society - and also to the media.

Private Eye have recently won a case and it's so uncommon an event that they've got a two-page spread on it in this fortnights edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Yes I'd escalate it to the Law Society - and also to the media.

Private Eye have recently won a case and it's so uncommon an event that they've got a two-page spread on it in this fortnights edition.
      I unclog ma noze in your general direczion

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I unclog ma noze in your general direczion
        What did I say? Trying to be helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          What did I say? Trying to be helpful!
          Oh ok, you really think private eye would cover a two page spread on my failed house move. Sorry mate I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm calling them in a minute. Wish me luck!

Comment

Oh ok, you really think private eye would cover a two page spread on my failed house move. Sorry mate I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm calling them in a minute. Wish me luck!

Sorry - Private Eye did two page spread on them managing to successfully defend a libel case.

/apols

Comment

first stop is these folk
              http://www.legalcomplaints.org.uk/home.page
              - which is the complaints dept of the Law Society, they are supposed to be impartial, but that's for you to decide.

then when you're not happy with their response you complain to this lot
              http://www.olso.org/ the Legal Services Ombudsman - who ARE totally impartial.

But you have to complain to the Law Society first.

HTH
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

if you were trying to move house and the solicitors
                • failed to acquire critical documentation from abroad from a relative with a charge on the house, even with a year's notice.
                • Procrastinated in acquiring said documentation.
                • Concocted cock and bull stories about couriers and tracking numbers later dismissed as myth by the vendors
                • Kept delaying the completion date because "just one more bit of paper" was required from the relative abroad.
                • Did not return phone calls.
                • Did not return emails.
                • Concocted cock and bull stories about legal undertakings to withhold monies on behalf of said relative, sent by email in English a 4 year old would wince at.
                • Got stroppy and dragged their heels when you asked them to confirm things in writing.

And after many weeks when you had a target completion date that had again slipped as they need just one more piece of documentation from abroad, which had just about nobbed of your prospective tenant thereby losing you money ....

Would you escalate this to the law society? To what end? What other options are there?

Theoretically you understand.

FFS.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  FFS.
                  So you agree it's frustrating then. Thanks.

Comment

So you agree it's frustrating then. Thanks.
                    stupid, moronic, imbecilic, cretinous

To continue with the house purchase that is.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X