• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matte finish cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matte finish cars

Saw a BMW 'matte' finish car yesterday and saw a matte Mercedes just now, they are amazing, they have no reflections/shine and look like the batmobile - apparently the next big thing!

http://www.rpmgo.com/images/bmw_m5_t...atte_black.jpg

http://www.porhomme.com/wp-content/u...atte-black.jpg
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Yeah I've seen one, definitely turns heads, but I think it's just because it's unusual.

I guess it's just fashions cycling round again. In the same way that a mettalic finish attracts a premium now, maybe in 5 years the matt one will (and the mettalic will look old fashioned).

Comment

I soooooo want a matte black Bentley! As soon as I can afford a mid-life crisis I'm getting one.
      A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

I saw a matt black 6.3 AMG C class in Bond St today. Looked great but to get away with this you have to have big power under the bonnet.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

A few years ago I met a friend of a friend that had done this to an old Opel Manta. Looked pretty good.

I'm suprised to see it on new mainstream cars though.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I saw a matt black 6.3 AMG C class in Bond St today. Looked great but to get away with this you have to have big power under the bonnet.
            Same car I saw

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              A few years ago I met a friend of a friend that had done this to an old Opel Manta. Looked pretty good.

I'm suprised to see it on new mainstream cars though.
              LOL

Comment

I used to have a matt black Honda 750/4 and that included the lights and number plate - the ultimate stealth machine
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Surely a tin of hammerite would have the same effect?

I once had a mate who painted the lower third of his Cavalier in hammerite to make it look like the 180 version. It looked tulip.

Comment

Matt Red Lead oxide on me old Mini van was particularly... well crap actually

Comment

Working...
                    X