• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off the bench too

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the bench too

Phew, with the war chest rapidly turning into a piggy bank, I've just bagged a contract I was interviewed for back in January. Good rate, and they say very likely to be extended from the initial 3 months, although it means working away from home.

I sometimes wonder if it's helpful to announce getting a contract, but if the intention is to reassure those on the bench I suppose it's OK. All the same, there's no escaping the fact that the IT contract market is looking pretty dire right now.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Phew, with the war chest rapidly turning into a piggy bank, I've just bagged a contract I was interviewed for back in January. Good rate, and they say very likely to be extended from the initial 3 months, although it means working away from home.

I sometimes wonder if it's helpful to announce getting a contract, but if the intention is to reassure those on the bench I suppose it's OK. All the same, there's no escaping the fact that the IT contract market is looking pretty dire right now.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

congrats.... I was in the same boat..

Comment

Well done Mister Hoot.

I think things might be looking up somewhat.

Let's hope it's not the dreaded 'dead cat bounce'.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

congrats dude still hoping...

Comment

Well done. Hope for us all.

Comment

Phew, with the war chest rapidly turning into a piggy bank, I've just bagged a contract

I was interviewed for back in January.
              Never give up hope, eh?

Good rate

, and they say very likely to be extended from the initial 3 months, although it means working away from home.

Still, Lucky Mrs OwnHoot, eh? She gets to use the remote control.

I sometimes wonder if it's helpful to announce getting a contract,

but if the intention is to reassure those on the bench I suppose it's OK.
              Abso-friggin-lutely!

It's even more effective than The Samaritans!

All the same, there's no escaping the fact that the IT contract market is looking pretty dire right now.
              Bugger off to work, you miserable sod! I hope your new boss is a minger!
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Well done
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Well done.

I'm off the bench for two weeks, back at previous client, but it's already looking like being three, and they were talking about another project they could give to me which would be another 4-6 weeks. So it's dribs and drabs, but that's fine by me as it means I can work on my plan B on the off weeks and not have to dig into the war-piggy chest.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                    X