• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spiders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiders

God knows why, but house has suddenly been invaded by small (about 1cm across) very fast-moving spiders.

The little buggers are everywhere. I hate to kill spiders, as they are very beneficial animals, but it's getting beyond a joke.

I thought they'd died off last week, but today, they are bloody everywhere.

Some of them are parachuting in through open windows on threads of web like little eight-legged commandos.

This is rural Oxfordshire, not the rain forests of Borneo. Tut.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Found masses of tiny (more like 1mm) spiders in back of my van last week hanging from the roof, they were all going down my neck. All relocated to shed. I never kill anything at all, rescuing little creatures must take up much of my day.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      God knows why, but house has suddenly been invaded by small (about 1cm across) very fast-moving spiders.

The little buggers are everywhere. I hate to kill spiders, as they are very beneficial animals, but it's getting beyond a joke.

I thought they'd died off last week, but today, they are bloody everywhere.

Some of them are parachuting in through open windows on threads of web like little eight-legged commandos.

This is rural Oxfordshire, not the rain forests of Borneo. Tut.
      I wondered where my nanobots had escaped to. They went haywire during the last thunder storm.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Found masses of tiny (more like 1mm) spiders in back of my van last week hanging from the roof, they were all going down my neck. All relocated to shed. I never kill anything at all, rescuing little creatures must take up much of my day.
        Admirable Xog. You truly are a good man and will undoubtedly go to heaven. I, sadly, will not be joining you at the Pearly Gates as I have now resorted to the Dyson.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

They'll be crawling in through any airbricks around your house, this is a common problem at Moorfield Towers too. It doesn't help that Missus M is scared flipless of the things too.

Comment

I'd turn a negative in to a positive and actually rearrange my furniture and add little ramps and elevators and the like and turn it in to a live game of "Lemmings", albeit with spiders.

Imagine the fun !

Especially when you get the mini-packs of C4 out for the "Bombers", heh heh.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I hate the bastards and they get short shrift here. Dyson, spray, airgun for the tegenaria in september.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Get a cat and let nature take it's course
                'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                  Get a cat and let nature take it's course
                  Have cat but he is not at all interested in spiders.

Mice, voles, rats, rabbits, pigeons yes. Spiders, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Have cat but he is not at all interested in spiders.

Mice, voles, rats, rabbits, pigeons yes. Spiders, not at all.
                    WHS

I throw spiders into neighbour's garden. She is terrified of spiders.....

Comment

Working...
                    X