• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom boom

Can't believe my luck!

I had 2 interviews today, and got offers from both
    Took highest rate of the two and start on Monday.

I have been benched for 3 months, applied for too many roles to remember, and have had 2 other interviews with no joy.

Well done Monsieur Slice, wot we like to hear.

Smoke yourself the finest kipper you can find for breakfast.

Comment

Well done, Cheese Slice.

I find a lot of the time there's no accounting for interview results. Sometimes one thinks it's in the bag and then never hears anything again. Other times one is certain of having blown it, only to be offered the gig.

I suppose a lot depends on the competition. If you're up against some guru(s), or just someone with three months more than your five years experience of some obscure technology then you'll have no chance!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Well done CS!
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Well done

this is the third congrats I've given today...

are the boom times back?
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Well done CS!
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I find a lot of the time there's no accounting for interview results. Sometimes one thinks it's in the bag and then never hears anything again...
                ... I've just bagged a contract I was interviewed for back in January...

there's no escaping the fact that the IT contract market is looking pretty dire right now.
                FFS OwlHoot.

Will you please ******* cheer up?

Go out and get pissed, please, you miserable bugger.

Last edited by BrowneIssue; 29 May 2009, 22:26. Reason: Made too depressed to spell check properly.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  I had 2 interviews today
                  for getting the 1st interview.

for getting the second interview.

for attending the second interview when you already had one on the same day.

, and got offers from both
                  You jammy cheesy-slice thing.

Took highest rate of the two and start on Monday.
                  They both responded on the day! Most excellent!

So it must be in the bag! Excellent!

So you don't have to fret about whether to turn down one while waiting for the results of the second. Great!

You have had a Special Day today. I trust you are out celebrating right now!

I have been benched for 3 months, applied for too many roles to remember
                  And today you got the reward that you earned with hard work and perseverance.

You've clearly earned it and deserve it.

, and have had 2 other interviews with no joy.
                  They weren't meant to be but ... they probably did add to your confidence, top up the morale and help sharpen up your interview technique.

Dedication.

It's wot you got.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I find a lot of the time there's no accounting for interview results. Sometimes one thinks it's in the bag and then never hears anything again. Other times one is certain of having blown it, only to be offered the gig.
                    I get that too, it's very odd.

Grats Cheesy, it seems a fair few benched have got new gigs at the end of May rather unexpected that since hiring usually slows down heavily in the summer.

That's a hopeful sign.

Comment

Working...
                    X