• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new Star Trek movie, yet another thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Star Trek movie, yet another thread

I thought it was pants.

As entertainment it was good but it required a "suspension of belief" that nearly stopped my brain entirely.

Spoilers follow so I shall now leave this big gap for the benefit of those who haven't seen the film but opened this post thinking they might NOT learn something about it, then get upset when they do.

Details in next post...
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Oh no, not the going-back-in-time thing, again. Oh dear.

For Heaven's sake, isn't Spock dead, yet?

Why wasn't Spock's wife rescued when she fell six feet but Spock was rescued while exploding in a 'Red Matter' fireball?

Why wasn't the Enterprise able to escape the singularity when "We're already at warp speed"?

How the **** did the Romulan vessel and Spock's vessel go through a black hole? Give over.

Why should one vessel going through a black hole go back in time a convenient 25 years, and the other not at all?

Of all the moons of all the planets of all the systems in the galaxy, Kirk gets abandoned within a few hundred yards of Spock.

What was Spock burning on that fire? It looked like wood to me. What wood would that be on that ice world?

The Enterprise warped into Titan's atmosphere then conveniently ended up next to the Romulan ship just above the Earth's atmosphere. We'll just pretend the few light minute's distance doesnt exist then, yes?

Why was Vulcan 3 minutes from Earth at warp speed, yet Earth hours and hours from Vulcan?

When the three of them plummeted through the atmosphere (and didn't we just know what would happen to the red shirt?) why was there no burning up on re-entry?

When the two of them were beamed up just before they hit the ground, they hit the transporter floor with the same force. Why weren't they killed? Why wasn't Spock's mother rescued under easier circumstances?

The singularity created at the end of the film was created at the edge of the Earth's atmosphere. So that's the Earth destroyed then.

When the medal gets dished out at the end, why is the Academy full of students? 7/8 were killed at the start of the film by the Romulan mining ship.

Why is Spock flying around in a ship that holds a huge ball of 'Red Matter' when one drop can cause a black hole?

Why are these rule-breaking children allowed out in a star ship again?

Why was the bridge of the Enterprise so unlike the bridge of the same Enterprise of the TV series?

Messages were sent out about the Romulan mining ship; why did the Enterprise have to go to join the fleet at Wotnot, rather than the fleet just go straight to Earth?

And that is just off the top of my head. There was plenty more.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Ach, it was not that bad, went to see it down at the imax and it was a good flashing light show. 9 bloody quid a seat!!

I did want to stand up in the middle and shout "Chekov was not in the first run until the ruskies complained" and if time was changed what were the chances that the same crew would have ended up on the same ship.

Jesus, you have got me started now as well.

Clegg's accent was half decent.

Comment

Well I liked it. Was great in the Imax.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Not seen it but in ads Spock looks young. We were told in the 1st TV series that he was supposed to have a lifespan of hundreds of years, how come he ages like the others?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Did I have to buy a bag of popcorn that big??
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X