• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote Labour and let the good times continue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote Labour and let the good times continue

You know you want to. You've prospered massively under Labour. Superb dealing with the economic crisis - its virtually over. Gordon Brown is one of the most underestimated PMs ever) praised by external bodies like the IMF.
    You know you don't want to return to the bad old Tory days when the common man had no opportunities to make a buck at all.
    Last edited by sasguru; 1 June 2009, 08:35.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You know you want to. You've prospered massively under Labour. Superb dealing with the economic crisis - its virtually over. Gordon Brown is one on the most underestimated PMs ever) praised by external bodies like the IMF.
    You know you don't want to return to the bad old Tory days when the common man had no opportunities to make a buck at all.
    WHS++

With the economic rollercoaster you get with Labour, there's serious money to be made on the way up and on the way down.

The Tories are just going to try and smooth it out and we'll have a grey goo economy for 20yrs instead of a volatile and rewarding economy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      WHS++

With the economic rollercoaster you get with Labour, there's serious money to be made on the way up and on the way down.

The Tories are just going to try and smooth it out and we'll have a grey goo economy for 20yrs instead of a volatile and rewarding economy.
      Too right!

All you have to do is short ..... ops I said the S word. Atw will be along in a moment and
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Absolutely. Ever since Labour went behind in the polls, the market has got the jitters and the economy has gone tits up.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Absolutely. Ever since Labour went behind in the polls, the market has got the jitters and the economy has gone tits up.

Perhaps it's something to do with the 700 Billion debt that it needs to create over the next few years to maintain its unaffordable spending levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            Perhaps it's something to do with the 700 Billion debt that it needs to create over the next few years to maintain its unaffordable spending levels.
            If you divide that by 50 million people, it's only (?) 14,000 each. Once the hyperinflation kicks in, it'll only be the cost of a snickers bar to pay back...
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Once the hyperinflation kicks in...
              Indeed. My first job was under a Labour government in the 1970s, the good old days when we had massive annual pay rises, up to 20%.

That all went to pot after an ungrateful electorate kicked them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

Do you really want to face reality and get paid the £5K a year that your skills are really worth on the global market?
                No I thought not.
                And the same applies to the rest of you (even if you are worth a little more than CyberTwunt).
                Labour are the only party that will keep the party going, so to speak.
                The Tories will only expose you to harsh winds of reality - which means all your living standards plummeting, the NHS starved of funds etc etc.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Indeed. My first job was under a Labour government in the 1970s, the good old days when we had massive annual pay rises, up to 20%.

I think we got fed up with our dead relatives not getting buried.

Comment

I didn't start working until the Thatcher era. I've had two short(ish) periods on unemployment - 6 months under Thatcher and 4 during the Major government's masterful handling of the economy.

Comment

Working...
                    X