• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing plane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing plane

This does not help Brazil's poor aviation record.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8076848.stm

It's an Air France plane. Why would a crash (over the Atlantic) affect brazil's aviation record one way or the other?

Sombre news.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Not wishing to flag the "foregone conclusion" thang, but RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        This does not help Brazil's poor aviation record.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8076848.stm
        Ah the ghoul has found another air crash to gloat over

PS What has an Air France plane to do with Brazil, you absolute imbecilic cretinous idiot?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Ah the ghoul has found another air crash to gloat over

PS What has an Air France plane to do with Brazil, you absolute imbecilic cretinous idiot?
          Local maintenance contractors (non-Air France) in Brazil

Local air traffic control (OK, exceptionally unlikely, although there was a midair over the Amazon which was the fault of Brazilian ATC)

Local baggage handlers (maybe not a bomb but a ****ed up pressure seal, or they've bodged the cargo door shut)

... par example, m'sieur.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            It's an Air France plane. Why would a crash (over the Atlantic) affect brazil's aviation record one way or the other?

Sombre news.

They have had major disaster events caused by poor air traffic control in the past. Of course this may be unrelated, but time will tell.

Comment

/conspiracy theory on

The area they are searching looks close to, if not within, the Bermuda Triangle?
              Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                Local maintenance contractors (non-Air France) in Brazil

Local air traffic control (OK, exceptionally unlikely, although there was a midair over the Amazon which was the fault of Brazilian ATC)

Local baggage handlers (maybe not a bomb but a ****ed up pressure seal, or they've bodged the cargo door shut)

... par example, m'sieur.
                Utter bollux.
                According to that logic, once any plane, from whatever carrier, touches down in a certain country, they have abdicated responsibility to that country?

You are CyberTwunt's long lost twin and I claim my 5 dunces hats.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Another reason not to step on that flight back to Geneva!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
                    /conspiracy theory on

The area they are searching looks close to, if not within, the Bermuda Triangle?
                    WTF? That's a funny route, were they re-fueling in NY? I know they arc further north than you would expect when crossing the Atlantic but I think they'd be going in the wrong direction to get near the BT.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X