• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclaycant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclaycant

Anyone had to go through a dispute process with Barclaycard?
    If so, how did it go?

Got my May bill and there was £6k of unauthorised balance transfer transactions on there. I then checked my bill online to find another £3k of pending transactions.

Called Barclaycard and spent half an hour going through everything with them and was told it would take upto 14 days for someone to investigate and advise.

After I hung up, I called them back to ask them what I should do to prevent any further unauthorised transactions in the meantime only to be told that there was no dispute form raised after my last call which was a few minutes ago so had to go through the whole process again.

Doesn't inspire confidence in them investigating the unauthorised transactions correctly.

I had to do the same about 10 years ago. The sums were much smaller but ISTR it taking about 6 weeks for them to sort it.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I gave up Barclaycard after trying to do ask them something on the phone, and being asked for my mobile number as a security question. At that time I had just moved country and was working in a third country, spending weekends in a fourth and changing from Pay-as-you-Go to Contract on one, so I had 5 current mobile phone numbers, and nobody had ever told me that the one that I had given them was a security answer. I didn't get the right one, and was told that I had "failed" the security test, so they wouldn't talk to me. They wouldn't let me list all my numbers, wouldn't try a different question, and wouldn't even tell me whether the number should include +44 or 0044 etc.

I had to deduce that they really didn't want my account, because nobody but an idiot would treat an account-holder that way otherwise. So I left. I advise anyone else to do the same.

Comment

i have been v impressed with amex, they are very good in these situations, solve the problem over the phone, cancel the card immediately, have a new one with you by next working day etc

you gets what you pays for eh

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          i have been v impressed with amex, they are very good in these situations, solve the problem over the phone, cancel the card immediately, have a new one with you by next working day etc

you gets what you pays for eh

Milan.
          That's true, I once even got a replacement card on the spot in Paraguay. I was quite satisfied with Amex on the grounds of getting what you pay for, until the point where I realised that my life no longer required what the Amex card gave, so I stopped paying for it.

Like the ad: 21, buy suit; 31, buy hand-made suit; 51, burn suit.
          21, Amex card; 31, Gold Amex card; 51, cut up card.

Changing lifestyles, changing needs.

Comment

They should send you a list of all transactions and then you have to
            mark which ones are fraudelent and send it back, takes about 21days
            for them to remove them from your account.

Comment

I'd have thought this should be dealt with by the fraud department rather than the disputes department. In cases of fraud your card should be cancelled immediately and a new one issued.

Comment

They are crap. (imho) They refused to refund 20 quid stolen from me (with paypal's help). In the end I asked them to close my account, but instead they gave me the 20 quid - so I cut up my card and haven't used them again. Funnily enough I now know some contractors who are ex-permies who left there because things were on the slide.

Comment

I did a couple of years ago. It went fine. Got the money back after a couple of weeks, and was told to cut up the card and they sent me a new one after a couple of days.

Maybe things have gone downhill.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Barclaycard call centre is in Mumbai. Your account number and security question responses have probably already been sold on!
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X