• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Posting Strategy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting Strategy

Just started a new contract last week. At my old desk I backed onto a wall meaning that, whenever there was a dull moment during the day it was no problem logging onto CUK to have a browse and even post.

Now however I have my back to the rest of the office and what's more, I have a person sitting next to me who can clearly see my monitor whereas before I had my own desk. She's a permie and a true company type who never uses the computer for personal reasons (I've had a nosey at her monitor).

Anyone got any good strategies for browsing and posting to CUK under such circumstances?

I use my phone.

Comment

Will this help ?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...ostzilla.shtml

Comment

Tell her to "Look over there for a very long time....".

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
          Just started a new contract last week. At my old desk I backed onto a wall meaning that, whenever there was a dull moment during the day it was no problem logging onto CUK to have a browse and even post.

Now however I have my back to the rest of the office and what's more, I have a person sitting next to me who can clearly see my monitor whereas before I had my own desk. She's a permie and a true company type who never uses the computer for personal reasons (I've had a nosey at her monitor).

Anyone got any good strategies for browsing and posting to CUK under such circumstances?
          Complain that the sun is getting in your eyes/reflecting off your screen and you need to turn the desk around.

Comment

Would like to see her do the double-take on DiscoStu's avatar

Comment

Best only to post at lunchtimes : possibly not even then.

I know how you feel : this week I am sitting on the trading floor so will not be posting......

Comment

It only passes a cursory glance, but in the past, I have sized my browser window to look exactly the same size as the preview pane in MS Outlook. When filling about 30% of the screen above the task bar it passes as an HTML email, kind of.......... at a brief cursory glance..........
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Use speech recognition and speak your posts and use speech synthesis to read them.

If asked, pretend you are on the speakerphone to a cretin.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post

You need to take one of those "privacy screens" into the office with you. They are supposed to be to stop prying eyes from seeing what is on your screen. If anyone asks you can just say it is to protect your eyesight from screen glare.

Like these http://www.dabs.com/products/3m-19--...T.html?q=glare

All the permies at one of my gigs had these. I wonder why?

Comment

Working...
                    X