• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Payment Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Payment Terms

I have read a lot of posts about agency payment terms, but I think there is some confusion here, i.e. 28 days 30 days whatever.

I have a contract where the agency say they pay weekly but first pay will be 28 days after invoice, then weekly after this.

What they actually mean is that in 28 days I will get paid for my first week, then 7 days later my second week, 7 days after that my third week etc. etc. but this means that they have a constant hold of 4 weeks of salary owed to me.

To me this is not weekly and is unusual, i'ts not weekly, it's not even monthly, it's worse, as even with monthly your maximum exposure is 1 week, then 2 then 3 then 4, then you get paid for the month, so never a constant hold of 4 weeks if you know what I mean.

Anyone else on this, is this normal (for some agencies) - I'm not happy with it.

Sounds like weekly to me, with a month in hand.

(P.S. it's not salary)
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
      Sounds like weekly to me, with a month in hand.

(P.S. it's not salary)
      It's also quite common. Thinking about it in 18 years I've rarely worked less than 2 weeks in hand and 28 days is typical.

Comment

sounds normal to me, you have your invoice paid weekly 28 days in arrears.. same as every contract i've ever worked (apart from the one that didn't pay me at all and went bust)

oh and I'd guess your calculations are not correct..

"What they actually mean is that in 28 days I will get paid for my first week, then 7 days later my second week, 7 days after that my third week etc. etc. but this means that they have a constant hold of 4 weeks of salary owed to me."

in actual fact it's 28 days AFTER the end of the first week, so it's actually more like 35 days from the monday, 34 for the tuesday.. and 30 days for the Friday.

In reality this will then get slightly delayed as I'd guess payments are always made on a Weds so you'd get paid hte Friday afterwards which then adds an extra few days onto your payment.. "dont worry though, it will be paid"

HTH
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          sounds normal to me, you have your invoice paid weekly 28 days in arrears.. same as every contract i've ever worked...
          You should negotiate better. I'm currently on 21 days, and that's the worst (apart from direct contracts) that I've had in 15 years. Mostly it's been invoice at the end of the month (or occasionally, week), payment within a few days, by BACS.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sounds normal to me, although on my last contract I was paid 30 days after the invoice was received - BUT I was expected to invoice monthly, so in reality I was paid after 2 months - I tried to change it, but the agency wouldn't budge.

I was just glad of a contract
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MeAndMyself View Post
              I have read a lot of posts about agency payment terms, but I think there is some confusion here, i.e. 28 days 30 days whatever.

I have a contract where the agency say they pay weekly but first pay will be 28 days after invoice, then weekly after this.

What they actually mean is that in 28 days I will get paid for my first week, then 7 days later my second week, 7 days after that my third week etc. etc. but this means that they have a constant hold of 4 weeks of salary owed to me.

To me this is not weekly and is unusual, i'ts not weekly, it's not even monthly, it's worse, as even with monthly your maximum exposure is 1 week, then 2 then 3 then 4, then you get paid for the month, so never a constant hold of 4 weeks if you know what I mean.

Anyone else on this, is this normal (for some agencies) - I'm not happy with it.
              invoices
              my company
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
              X