• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pimp my CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp my CV

OK there's one particular agency pissing me off with fishing calls. This is happening almost every other week.

I've decided to send them a pimped up CV complete with made-up referees. Amongst other things on my CV, I spent two years teaching Klingon as a foreign language, and can communicate with most mainframes orally using only a random series of beeps and whistles.

So anyone got any other ideas that I can stick in. I want to keep it 90% sensible and stick the odd bit of crap in at random points so it isn't picked up by your average scan-reading pimp.

while this is undoubtedly hilarious, don't be surprised in 2 years time when eyebrows are raised during that coveted job interview and you're asked "so - how long did you pimp for Britney?"
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      while this is undoubtedly hilarious, don't be surprised in 2 years time when eyebrows are raised during that coveted job interview and you're asked "so - how long did you pimp for Britney?"
      Added. It will make a great talking point.

Comment

PM'ed you.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          PM'ed you.
          Thanks mate. Point taken re: legal implications. Maybe not a good idea in practice . Thanks for looking out for me. You're not a bad sort!

Don't do this at home folks!

Comment

Give the use of key word searches you could add phrases such as "Never used Oracle. Java is a mystery to me; no idea what J2EE is all about."

You'll get loads* of calls for .......

* Not anymore you wont, but once you would.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
              Thanks mate. Point taken re: legal implications. Maybe not a good idea in practice . Thanks for looking out for me. You're not a bad sort!

Don't do this at home folks!
              You might claim (poor taste, doubtful legality) to have developed the mid-Atlantic air traffic system between Africa and Brazil...

... too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                OK there's one particular agency pissing me off with fishing calls. This is happening almost every other week.

I've decided to send them a pimped up CV complete with made-up referees. Amongst other things on my CV, I spent two years teaching Klingon as a foreign language, and can communicate with most mainframes orally using only a random series of beeps and whistles.

So anyone got any other ideas that I can stick in. I want to keep it 90% sensible and stick the odd bit of crap in at random points so it isn't picked up by your average scan-reading pimp.
                You could say that you were the technical architect for Swines Flu and that you have the vaccine that cures all flu.

Or you could say that you are the oracle of fun and love to drink Java, especially the J2EE variety.

You may want to state on your CV that you are in the process of stablising the Warp Bubble in order to make deep space travel possible 4 centuries ahead of schedule.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Liking the technology keyword in the wrong context ideas. How about "Perfected my high jump using the AGILE methodology"

I would have put the warp bubble stabilisation thing in but I usually leave out stuff I did in junior school.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    You might claim (poor taste, doubtful legality) to have developed the mid-Atlantic air traffic system between Africa and Brazil...

... too soon?
                    Naughty boy!

Comment

Working...
                    X