• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1 hit wonders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 hit wonders

Dug up some old CDs the w/end.

Reef - remember them? Big hit - place your hands on my hole or something.

According to wiki:

Headlining the Falmouth Regatta Week, on 15 August 2003, was to be the final live Reef appearance, before the band split up.
    Bored.

Never heard of 'em.

So I looked 'em up on YouTube: Place your hand.

Somedays, I am so glad to have 'been away for a while' and missed it.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      Dug up some old CDs the w/end.

Reef - remember them? Big hit - place your hands on my hole or something.

According to wiki:

Headlining the Falmouth Regatta Week, on 15 August 2003, was to be the final live Reef appearance, before the band split up.
      "It's your letters" from the Chris Evans TV show
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

They also had an ironically named hit 'Come back brighter', not to mention the awesome 'Naked' - the theme tune for the Sony Minidisk adverts.

Therefore they can't be a one hit wonder. Unlike the minidisk itself.

Next.
        Last edited by Dante; 2 June 2009, 08:57.

Comment

Agree.

They had a few good songs and one phenomenally good song (Raise your hands). I remember being very into them well before this became a hit, in fact pretty sure I saw them live way back when.

Actually better check your wiki mate - they were touring in 1994 and 1995 supporting paul weller and soundgarden amonst others, so not sure how that lies with the initial statement of they split up in 1993 ...
          During their touring in 1994 and 1995 Reef supported Paul Weller, The Rolling Stones and Soundgarden, amongst others.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I'm sure Reef had several singles and albums out. Will have to check on the iPod.

4 Non Blondes on the other hand. Fine pair of lungs on this one.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              I'm sure Reef had several singles and albums out. Will have to check on the iPod.

4 Non Blondes on the other hand. Fine pair of lungs on this one.
              Indeed they do, ace is wronger than AtW on an economics lecture tour.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                Indeed they do, ace is wronger than AtW on an economics lecture tour.
                Humbug!

This popular music will never catch on - too many notes.
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Actually better check your wiki mate - they were touring in 1994 and 1995 supporting paul weller and soundgarden amonst others, so not sure how that lies with the initial statement of they split up in 1993 ...
                  Didn't he say 2003?

Comment

Nena's 99 Red Baloons

Had front row tickets to see her and she was even more stunning in the flesh (once you got past the hairy armpits)...
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
                    X