• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dishonourable member.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dishonourable member.

The tradition in Westminster is to refer to anothe member as "the honourable member for..." (unless they have another earned title).
    Considering the recent debacle with expenses, is it not time this tradition were stopped?

I note that many MPs are recognising that the way they have used the MPs allowances system "may" not have been illegal, but was moraly unjust.
    I also note that not one has resigned their seat with immediate effect.
    Could this be something to do with the fact that if they stand down at a general election they get generous severance terms, yet if they cause a bye election they get nowt!

They do seem to find it difficult to extract their fingers from the till don't they?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The tradition in Westminster is to refer to anothe member as "the honourable member for..." (unless they have another earned title).
    Considering the recent debacle with expenses, is it not time this tradition were stopped?
    Another tradition was that they used to "insult" each other very politely.... as they are not "allowed" to directly insult each other....

Of course this required wit and intelligence.... which is probably why they don't do it now....

"I believe the Honourable Gentleman is acting like a pig in a trough!!!"

I note that many MPs are recognising that the way they have used the MPs allowances system "may" not have been illegal, but was moraly unjust.
    But laughably - or more acurately 'kin annoyingly - they still stick to the "defence" that it was within the rules!!!!!

Thats the rule that said something along the lines of "Wholy and exclusivly incurred and required to do the job......" and "couldn't be mis-interpreted!!"

Slightly less ludicrous than "I haven't done anything wrong - but I have paid the money back!!!! (so thats OK then?)"

Could this be something to do with the fact that if they stand down at a general election they get generous severance terms, yet if they cause a bye election they get nowt!

They do seem to find it difficult to extract their fingers from the till don't they?
    I refer my Honorable Friend to his earlier contention that there isn't an iota of Honour amongst the whole load of people with very doubtful parentage!

Comment

Perhaps they should merely be referred to as 'members'.

Comment

Breaking News

A team of medical experts are being rushed to London to deal with an ‘unprecedented crisis’ at Westminster.

The team, from the Spinal Injuries Unit of Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire, were called in by Prime Mincer Gollum Brown after recent trauma in the opinion polls.

The injuries the Government sustained were exacerbated by the announcement today that three more Labour MPs, David Chaytor, Patricia Hewitt and Beverley Hughes will all stand down at the next Election - Hewitt and Hughes to spend more time with their families, and Chaytor to spend more time being raped in the showers in Parkhurst.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          Chaytor to spend more time being raped in the showers in Parkhurst.
          It'll be the making of the man. It was for me. Atw has never looked back either.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            It'll be the making of the man. It was for me. Atw has never looked back either.
            what, not even a reach-around? Selfish bastard.

Comment

Working...
            X