• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more Mr Nice Guy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more Mr Nice Guy

Into 4th month on bench, and getting stressed. I'm afraid that my polite and helpful persona may begin to slip.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Into 4th month on bench, and getting stressed. I'm afraid that my polite and helpful persona may begin to slip.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Chill...
      • It's the nature of our industry
      • The demand will return again just as it did in 1993 & 2003
      • If you worry about it then you're going to make yourself ill
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

There are many in the same position, including myself. Hang in there.

Comment

Don't visit Beachy Head for your summer hols.

Comment

Do you know how long you can get by on your war chest?
            Hopefully you're not too close to the end of the pot of gold, and if not, concentrate on living a full life rather than thinking of it as being in limbo until your next job. You'll be dead long enough.
            Sorry if all this sounds a bit flippant, I'm not you, and I don't understand your specific situation, but try to be positive, it'll all work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Chill...

The demand will return again just as it did in 1993 & 2003
              And the next number in the sequence is...

Feck that, better get that fork lift license quick smart.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

also completed 4th month and second rejection call today, taking the bike out and revving the tulipe out of it helped a lot, as well as all the skin on display

Comment

Chill. I'm in the same boat as you. However the weather is gorgeous here in Cheshire and I intend to make the most of it.

I'm resigned to the fact that my next contract will be in London again with all the hassle that entails living away from home - however I won't be complaining.

Keep your chin up and try to see the positives - everyday is a weekend...

Comment

There's a lot of angry people out there, not just us.

I can see this boiling over in lots of unpleasant ways in the months to come. Unfortunately I doubt it will be in a positive way (like overthrowing the govt for example), more likely road-rage, wife-beating and the like.

Work is overrated, we shouldn't let it do this to us!

Comment

Working...
                    X