• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blears has resigned.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blears has resigned.

Please would the last labour MP to resign* turn off the lights.

Thank you.

*only from the cabinet though.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Please would the last labour MP to resign turn off the lights.

Thank you.
    Yes!!!

Harriet Harman has attempted to dismiss speculation about Gordon Brown's future as the government faced accusations it is in its "death throes".

Labour's deputy leader insisted the prime minister had a plan to lead the country and said that cabinet government was functioning normally.

She told Today: "I don't accept that he can't keep a grip on government."

It follows news that three ministers, including Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, are to stand down within days.

Opinion polls suggest Labour is heading for its biggest defeat in a national poll when voters cast their ballots in the European elections on Thursday.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8080412.stm

Comment

good riddance
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

This is all unravelling very quickly.

All those considering taking on a public sector contract, should do so as soon as possible. Once the Conservatives are in, the freeze on all this will start.

It's going to be very interesting watching the pound too.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Looks like he's going to be awfully lonely sat at that big table by himself.

Still, he'll get first dibs on the cakes.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pondlife;859274]Looks like he's going to be awfully lonely sat at that big table by himself.

Still, he'll get first dibs on the cakes.[/
            QUOTE]

Quote of the day!

Comment

Two down, one to go. I have everything crossed that Harman will fall on her sword too so we get the full house. As far as I am concerned, she is the worst of the lot...
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                Two down, one to go. I have everything crossed that Harman will fall on her sword too so we get the full house. As far as I am concerned, she is the worst of the lot...
                As much as I'd love Harman to be convicted by the court of public opinion it's Dim Prawn's head on a spike I want to see the most.

Comment

Good. Cretinous little witch.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    it's Dim Prawn's head on a spike I want to see the most.
                    A pauper from Swindon. Hasn't he suffered enough?

Comment

Working...
                    X