• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internal timesheets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal timesheets

In addition to the timesheets I fill out for the pimp, ClientCo has an internal timesheeting system they use for cross departmental billing. All "staff" fill this out. I have filled it out willingly for the past 4 months. The BA who manages the team is seldom here, and last week was on holiday. I could not complete the timesheet last week as there were various tasks she needed to add and was not available.

She moaned at me yesterday for not filling it out. I explained the problem, and also stated that I had no obligation to fill out the timesheet as I am just here to provide a service. Just as I don't fill out any other employee forms such as holiday request forms. She indicated not filling this out would mean I do not get paid. I dismissed that as I have a business to business contract, and the authorisated pimp timesheet and accompanying invoice is all I need to get paid. I was happy to fill out the internal timesheet as I am a cooperative chap.

Does anyone else have difficulty getting ClientCo to understand the difference between Contractors and temporary staff?

I tried to explain that if an other external consultant was here they would not be expected to fill out this infernal timesheet. They said that was different.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Is it not just their internal method of booking & tracking project costs?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      In addition to the timesheets I fill out for the pimp, ClientCo has an internal timesheeting system they use for cross departmental billing. All "staff" fill this out. I have filled it out willingly for the past 4 months. The BA who manages the team is seldom here, and last week was on holiday. I could not complete the timesheet last week as there were various tasks she needed to add and was not available.

She moaned at me yesterday for not filling it out. I explained the problem, and also stated that I had no obligation to fill out the timesheet as I am just here to provide a service. Just as I don't fill out any other employee forms such as holiday request forms. She indicated not filling this out would mean I do not get paid. I dismissed that as I have a business to business contract, and the authorisated pimp timesheet and accompanying invoice is all I need to get paid. I was happy to fill out the internal timesheet as I am a cooperative chap.

Does anyone else have difficulty getting ClientCo to understand the difference between Contractors and temporary staff?

I tried to explain that if an other external consultant was here they would not be expected to fill out this infernal timesheet. They said that was different.

You're just a disguised employee, not a business.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH
        Not today mate.

Thanks.

Comment

Fill it in and charge them for the time you waste doing so.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Is it not just their internal method of booking & tracking project costs?
            Yes, that's precisely what it's for. My question here is, I don't mind filling it out, being courteous and cooperative and all that, but not if it creates me further problems down the line.

I have contacted my accountant on the matter, and just wanted the opinion from the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Fill it in and charge them for the time you waste doing so.
              I do.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                I do.
                I don't see why it should cause problems for IR35, seeing as it's just an admin system at the client. If you don't fill it in then someone else will enter your hours into some admin system anyway.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH
                  And you, sir, are just an employee.

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

See here.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X