• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What odds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What odds

Could I get on Brown to be gone by this time next week and Blears to be standing for the leadership? Trevor Cavener (sp) says Brown won't last the week

Paddy Power are offering odds of just 5/4 that Prime Minister Gordon Brown leaves Number 10 for good before the end of the summer.
    http://www.bettingpro.com/category/P...-200906030015/

Comment

Hope springs eternal. Trouble is, he'll be replaced by another Liebore arsehole who might then get a bounce in Labour support and call a quick election. Just imagine; 5 more years of Labour.

Just as the Allies decided against trying to assassinate Hitler because of his incompetence as a military commander, Cameron and Clegg might feel that Brown is their greatest strategic asset right now.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Could I get on Brown to be gone by this time next week and Blears to be standing for the leadership? Trevor Cavener (sp) says Brown won't last the week
        DT is reporting that Blears has flipped another home so as far as I can see, she's damaged goods.

I reckon Hilary Benn, David Miliband or Alan Johnson will make the running.

Comment

Are any of the possible replacements untouched by the expences scandal?

I do not think NL could field a leadership candidate that would make them electable.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            I do not think NL could field a leadership candidate that would make them electable.
            That's what a polling expert from MORI was saying this morning on R4

Comment

Ladbrokes:

To resign as Prime Minister

Gordon Brown to resign, announce his intention to resign before a General Election, or otherwise leave the post of Prime Minister in June
              Gordon Brown to resign as Prime Minister before 01/07/2009 5/6
              Gordon Brown NOT to resign as Prime Minister before 01/07/2009 5/6

Month of next election
              June 2009 100/1
              July 2009 14/1
              August 2009 40/1
              September 2009 16/1
              October 2009 3/1
              November 2009 7/1
              December 2009 100/1
              January 2010 66/1
              February 2010 50/1
              March 2010 25/1
              April 2010 20/1
              May 2010 evens
              June 2010 16/1
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The best thing for Labour would be to dump Brown, change leader and hold a snap election before the new leader can cock anything up. I can then see Labour polling quite well as their union and public sector cronies come out to support them. They will not win but at least the party will continue as the second largest. Otherwise, they may well cease to exist after 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Ladbrokes:

Month of next election
                  June 2009 100/1
                  July 2009 14/1
                  August 2009 40/1
                  September 2009 16/1
                  October 2009 3/1
                  November 2009 7/1
                  December 2009 100/1
                  January 2010 66/1
                  February 2010 50/1
                  March 2010 25/1
                  April 2010 20/1
                  May 2010 evens
                  June 2010 16/1
                  I think that is about right. Except the first one. I'd put the odds a lot higher than that. Actually, it's fraudulent to offer odds on a June'09 election. Even if the snot goblin wandered round to see Queenie for tea this afternoon to ask her to do the do - it takes six weeks to hold an election so it would be July 09 at the earliest.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Hope springs eternal. Trouble is, he'll be replaced by another Liebore arsehole who might then get a bounce in Labour support and call a quick election. Just imagine; 5 more years of Labour.

Just as the Allies decided against trying to assassinate Hitler because of his incompetence as a military commander, Cameron and Clegg might feel that Brown is their greatest strategic asset right now.
                    Nah - Brown is tulip but they've only got tulipe to replace him with - it's win win

Comment

Working...
                    X