• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices rising!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices rising!

A lesson in history

http://www.moneyweek.com/investments...ash-14794.aspx

HTH

Who cares what that tard says? My flat in London went on the market today at a price a short way above where I thought it would be following three valuations. Could be agent bravado, but I shall see what happens. I told all agents I wanted a quick sale.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Who cares what that tard says? My flat in London went on the market today at a price a short way above where I thought it would be following three valuations. Could be agent bravado, but I shall see what happens. I told all agents I wanted a quick sale.
      owner's flat.

You were curled up in your basket.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          Boomed!
          Cut back on the cabbage and sprouts.

HTH.

Comment

'House prices in Britain rose last month, confirming that the slump in the south of England has levelled out, according to the Halifax,' ran the story in The Times. 'The Halifax's latest quarterly survey shows that prices in general rose by 0.5%, and the indications are of a definite bottoming-out'.

The above statements were not made this week or last week. In fact, they were made in October 1990. House prices didn't bottom for another four years.
            So, you could also say:

House prices in Britain rose last month, confirming that the slump in the south of England has levelled out, according to the Halifax,' ran the story in The Times. 'The Halifax's latest quarterly survey shows that prices in general rose by 0.5%, and the indications are of a definite bottoming-out'.

The above statements were not made this week or last week. In fact, they were made in October 1994. They were absolutely right and house prices went up like a mega space rocket for the next 13 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Another lesson in history

Obsessive Housing Disorder

Nearly a century of Washington’s efforts to promote homeownership has produced one calamity after another. Time to stop.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Watch those estate agents !! I read a letter of complaint from a buyer that offered 400K and the estate agent only offered 390K to the seller. That is taking the piss out of the seller and is also illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  Watch those estate agents !! I read a letter of complaint from a buyer that offered 400K and the estate agent only offered 390K to the seller. That is taking the piss out of the seller and is also illegal.
                  I saw one worse than that in Doncaster. House was being disposed off after an old lady died, so vacant possession, etc. etc.. Estate agent didn't pass on all the offers to seller. A friend of the estate agent bought the house real cheap and then immediately put it back on the market, such that the details in the estate agents window didn't change. House then sold to the highest of the earlier prospective purchasers.

And apparently it was all completely legal to do.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    And apparently it was all completely legal to do.
                    Depends what it says in the agents contract.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X