• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Brown go now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Brown go now?

Granuiad is saying his time is up. Also, rumours of up to 80 backbenchers willing to sign a letter calling on him to stand down. Blears' timing of her resignation was almost surgical.

Do you think he'll be pushed by Monday or Tuesday?

No poll cas I can't be arsed to think of an amusing AndyW option.

No. The longer he stays the more chance LieBore get decimated at the next election.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So the risk is that someone like Johnson or Benn replace him with vacant promisies of reform and call a snap election thus regaining labour credibility with the electorate?

Comment

Yes, and calls a GE with it.

Instead - he'll go, another NuLieBore stooge will be put in place (any takers ... anyone?) and it'll be dragged out until next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          No. The longer he stays the more chance LieBore get decimated at the next election.
          I think if Brown goes there will be a general election.
          Changing leader once has caused uproar with the "unelected" brigade and I am sure that another change would lead to calls from all sides that any new leader needed a mandate from the Country.

** I do know that we do not elect our Prime Minister.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            I think if Brown goes there will be a general election.
            Changing leader once has caused uproar with the "unelected" brigade and I am sure that another change would lead to calls from all sides that any new leader needed a mandate from the Country.

** I do know that we do not elect our Prime Minister.
            This is my concern at the mo. As much as I'm enjoying the Schadenfreude(sp?) at gibbo's expense. This could backfire horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              This is my concern at the mo. As much as I'm enjoying the Schadenfreude(sp?) at gibbo's expense. This could backfire horribly.
              I think it can only backfire on NL.
              The noises coming from that side of the house are that GB is now a liability and getting rid of him will bring the public round.
              Some of his cabinet (who are the likely successors) are trying to distance themselves from him whilst trying to appear loyal to the party.
              If they oust him and cause a leadership fight then the opposition will quite rightly say that NL is in chaos and not capable of running the Country and a GE will follow. I expect NL will lose. NL will find it very difficult to find a leadership candidate who can not be accused of being part of the problem or who has an unblemished record otherwise.

What global crisis will GB cause this time to deflect the publics anger. Will a natural disaster save his skin?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Going back to the question, I reckon he'll be gone by Monday. This has now reached the tipping point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  What global crisis will GB cause this time to deflect the publics anger. Will a natural disaster save his skin?
                  The evil snot goblin must be gagging to use the Civil Contingencies Act right now. There is a voice in his head saying, "Go on! You know you want too."
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Going back to the question, I reckon he'll be gone by Monday. This has now reached the tipping point.
                    No chance - he'll hang on for weeks yet, if not until the next election.

Comment

Working...
                    X