• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain v Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain v Germany

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4375864.stm

To summarise:

Britain says Britain is booming and other EU countries need to be more like Britain, we are all wealthy, employed and productive.

Germany says Britain is unproductive, has a huge trade deficit and is basically a tulip hole.

Who's right?

I would say China is the winner.

Anybody else started to learn Mandarin recently ?

Alf Te Ching

Comment

From the article:

"One of the main factors is management itself. Many British managers just aren't as well qualified or trained as foreign rivals."

Hmmm....

Comment

Well its true things in Germany are tough, but...

for example on Monday morning about 8:00am I drove into the centre of Frankfurt in about 15 minutes passing the ocasional car on the main road into the city, parked outside the Dentist in the middle of Frankfurt in one of the oodles of empty parking spaces, on the way noticing an advert in an estate agent for a large detached house for £150,000 in pleasant forest, waited for about 2 minutes in the waiting room, before being ushered into the Dentists chair, 30 minutes later I then spent about 5 minutes getting through the somewhat slightly busier traffic onto a fairly empty Motorway.

...yeah if only I could get back to Britain.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 October 2005, 10:29.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
          From the article:

"One of the main factors is management itself. Many British managers just aren't as well qualified or trained as foreign rivals."

Hmmm....
          I agree in total. British managers are absolutely the worst in the worlds. Even italian managers are on average more efficient than them, at least they work longer hours.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

See the sausage munchers can't even afford cars or dentistry! Blair was right. We're rich and they're all poor.

Comment

blaster, are you in FF too ?

Milan.

Comment

...aah you're in FFM milan. Well my base is in Frankfurt but Iwork in Switzerland.

...taxes
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

"Well its true things in Germany are tough, but...

for example on Monday morning about 8:00am I drove into the centre of Frankfurt in about 15 minutes passing [only] the ocasional car on the main road into the city, parked outside the Dentist in the middle of Frankfurt in one of the oodles of empty parking spaces, on the way noticing an advert in an estate agent for a large detached house for £150,000 in pleasant forest, waited for about 2 minutes in the waiting room, before being ushered into the Dentists chair, 30 minutes later I then spent about 5 minutes getting through the somewhat slightly busier traffic onto a fairly empty Motorway."

Doesn't sound like the signs of a thriving economy...

Comment

...quite right Joe, it isn't.

I get annoyed sometimes that the 400km drive to Switzerland sometimes takes over 3 hours.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X