• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Les Miserables 20th June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Les Miserables 20th June

I've two stall tickets for the 19:30 performance at the Queen's theatre London. If you want them, pm me. I paid over £100 for them, but you can have them for whatever you want to offer.

I just want to make sure they'll be used by someone who'll appreciate them.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

i love the book but the thought of people singing it makes me want to
    hurl

Comment

Went to that show a few years ago - terrific!

'Do you hear people sing? Singing the songs of angry men'

You'd be knocking down the door at number 10 after watching..
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I've two stall tickets for the 19:30 performance at the Queen's theatre London. If you want them, pm me. I paid over £100 for them, but you can have them for whatever you want to offer.

I know this wont help - but I managed to take 5 people to Les Mis a couple of years ago for that price, courtesy of a London Evening Standard offer.
        The seats were right at the front ..& it was a cracking show, I recommend the "Les Miserables (The Complete Symphonic Recording) - Original Cast" as a worthy CD momento
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've got the CD and the DVD. Great stuff. I've even got the 6 hours TF1 production (non-musical), with Gerard Big-Hooter Depardieu and John Malkovitch. That's worth watching - but it's all in French...

I'm thinking of writing a pantomime version...

Come on - there must be someone who wants the tickets.

Comment

I've seen it, sort of. Missed the last 30min as I managed to fall asleep in a very uncomfortable chair.

Comment

I got taken to Les Mis a year or so ago. I'm not a big musical fan but I have to say it was utter tulip. I almost walked out at the interval.

There were actually people crying and doing a standing ovation at the end. I fear for the future of this country; we are descending into the cultural gutter far too rapidly.

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
                I got taken to Les Mis a year or so ago. I'm not a big musical fan but I have to say it was utter tulip. I almost walked out at the interval.

There were actually people crying and doing a standing ovation at the end. I fear for the future of this country; we are descending into the cultural gutter far too rapidly.
                Each to their own. It's been a massive hit whereever it has been staged. Cultural gutter is a bit strong. You're not a cultural snob are you? "If it ain't subsidised, it ain't art"?

Comment

I've got the CD and the DVD. Great stuff. I've even got the 6 hours TF1 production (non-musical), with Gerard Big-Hooter Depardieu and John Malkovitch. That's worth watching - but it's all in French...

I'm thinking of writing a pantomime version...

Come on - there must be someone who wants the tickets.
                  I'd take them, but I can't do London that week. I saw it staged about 10 years back, it was superb.

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
                    I fear for the future of this country; we are descending into the cultural gutter far too rapidly.
                    You fear, how do you think I feel after reading that?!!
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X