• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Trek or Terminator?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek or Terminator?

It's my birthday sometime in the next week or so (Like I'm telling you lot exactly when).

Anyway my idea of a good night out in my old age is getting a babysitter, go for a nice wee meal somewhere and catch a movie (Like when we had no kids).

So my dilema is in the title - which one to choose, assuming x-men and angels and demons don't quite cut it?

edit. And btw I'm not a trekkie, but I like a good movie so not blinkered either, bear that in mind pls.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

I'd go for terminator.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      It's my birthday sometime in the next week or so (Like I'm telling you lot exactly when).

Anyway my idea of a good night out in my old age is getting a babysitter, go for a nice wee meal somewhere and catch a movie (Like when we had no kids).

So my dilema is in the title - which one to choose, assuming x-men and angels and demons don't quite cut it?

edit. And btw I'm not a trekkie, but I like a good movie so not blinkered either, bear that in mind pls.
      Not seen Terminator yet or x-men. Saw angels and demons last night and it wasn't as butchered as the Da Vinci Code. However - if you can get to see Star Trek (at IMAX if poss) I would go with that. It was really good IMO and you don't have to be a trekkie to appreciate it.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Have to go with Terminator IMHO.

I know he's a tw@t but I do like Bale's films. Besides, I've seen ST and far fetched doesn't even come close.*

*Pondlife uses cloaking device to hide from the trekkies.

Comment

Star Trek.

Why?

Because it has the absolutely GORGEOUS Jennifer Morrison in it. Sod the story quality!

Comment

Should have had a poll...
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Not seen either but I would go for Terminator.

Comment

Seen ST, loved it.

Terminator? (Not Seen it) Somehow I don't think it's going to live up to the hype.

Angels & Demons? Saw it last night, I detest Dan Brown and all his works. Thank <Insert Deity of Choice here> the film was better than the book IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Should have had a poll...
                  I could have, but AndyW would have had to have gotten involved, and when that happens. Well I don't have to explain really, do I?

Anyway, I count plenty fine up to 20 at least.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Seen ST, loved it.

Terminator? (Not Seen it) Somehow I don't think it's going to live up to the hype.

Angels & Demons? Saw it last night, I detest Dan Brown and all his works. Thank <Insert Deity of Choice here> the film was better than the book IMO.
                    I'll happily undergo physical pain to avoid damage to a book (almost any book, tbh) but the only book I've been SOOOOOOOOOOO pissed off by that I've chucked away in early read was the Da Vinci Code.

Was in Prague main train station, taking the train to Krakow and needed something to read. It was the only book in English that I hadn't read in the shop so I bought it.

Mistake.

Chucked it out of the speeding train window within an hour of having opened it, and concentrated on getting drunk instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X