• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time limit to claim expenses ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time limit to claim expenses ?

I have some travel expenses from January-March last year, which I haven't claimed from my ltd yet (still trying to find some time to process hundreds of receipts)

Are there any HMRC rules/regulations affecting this, my accountant told me not to worry much about this delay, but I wanted to double check. Also, does it matter that 08/09 tax year has finished already ? Maybe there are some limitations for some kinds of expenses only ..

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    I have some travel expenses from January-March last year, which I haven't claimed from my ltd yet (still trying to find some time to process hundreds of receipts)

Are there any HMRC rules/regulations affecting this, my accountant told me not to worry much about this delay, but I wanted to double check. Also, does it matter that 08/09 tax year has finished already ? Maybe there are some limitations for some kinds of expenses only ..
    Your accountant is correct.

I've just claimed mileage for a client for the last 3 years, to reclaim the VAT too.
    Tax currently is 6 years, but the company was not trading then! and the director was happy not do go back any further.

Comment

Working...
    X