• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expensive contractors, take responsibility for your work!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expensive contractors, take responsibility for your work!

Don't write a load of code and then hand it over to the testers and say "i think it works" and put responsibility on the testers as to whether or not release your stuff. Test it to F. Then hand it over. Know it works. Be responsible.

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Don't write a load of code and then hand it over to the testers and say "i think it works" and put responsibility on the testers as to whether or not release your stuff. Test it to F. Then hand it over. Know it works. Be responsible.
    So you're on a tulip rate/salary I take it?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Test it to F. Then hand it over. Know it works. Be responsible.
      So you also think testers are a waste of space?

Comment

No don't. Just hand it to me and let me send an invoice for testing it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Testing is for girls.
          You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

I wrote it to spec. I tested it to spec. Just because the spec doesnt match the requirement is not my fault.
            I will gladly fix the requirement, spec and code so that it actualy works, but it will cost you.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
              Testing is for girls.
              It certainly pays for Mrs Tester’s shoe collecting habit.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test-driven_development

Code shouldn't be part of the build until it has passed all of the test cases. Only then does it get to the deploy and test phase.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  It certainly pays for Mr Tester’s blowjob habit.
                  Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Shirley?

Comment

Working...
                    X