• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Chiropractic Association vs Simon Singh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Chiropractic Association vs Simon Singh

For those of you who don't know about this:

http://holfordwatch.info/2008/08/16/...idation-party/

I would avoid slagging off the BCA as they seem libel trigger-happy. But good luck Simon Singh, the evidence will out in the end.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

What - no one else thinks is probably one of the most important court cases in the country?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

In between your tedious discussion on Maffs books and your interest in dullard cars and crime ridden dumps in London, this rates very low on my "give a sheet-o-meter"

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        In between your tedious discussion on Maffs books and your interest in dullard cars and crime ridden dumps in London, this rates very low on my "give a sheet-o-meter"

HTH

That's why you deserve your fate.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

He is a bit of a Walter Mitty thicko.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            He is a bit of a Walter Mitty thicko.
            You calling Zeity a thicko?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              You calling Zeity a thicko?

No, you. I would you have thought the Walter Mitty reference would have rung a bell?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

No, you. I would you have thought the Walter Mitty reference would have rung a bell?
                ..you need to edit that before anyone quotes it
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What - no one else thinks is probably one of the most important court cases in the country?
                  Elighten me. A respected scientist has stated an opinion that chiropracters are knowingly treating people with bogus treatments. This might be right or it might be wrong. The BCA are somewhat upset and beleive it is libellous (which if he is wrong it may well be).

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                    Elighten me. A respected scientist has stated an opinion that chiropracters are knowingly treating people with bogus treatments. This might be right or it might be wrong. The BCA are somewhat upset and beleive it is libellous (which if he is wrong it may well be).
                    The key here is the interpretation of the word "bogus" - did Singh mean that the BCA were deliberately and fraudulently misleading people? I suspect not, however that's certainly what the preliminary judgement seemed to find.

I disagree slightly with what he wrote - he said that there was "not a jot" of evidence, however there is (I believe) some degree of weak evidence.

However, the rights of a respected (and informed) scientist to make comment on the advice etc. from others is something that is very important. It's bad enough that the government is removing civil liberties, let alone a judgement such that would severely restrict the right to free speech.

(Plus, our libel laws are bobbins).
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X