• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a good day at work :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a good day at work :)

All my projects are now at the stage where I can no longer move forward without some permie actually doing something.....

So,

I got tickets to see Muse in Sheffield

Had a coffee

Got tickets to see Fleetwood Mac in Manchester...

Had a coffee and a slice of cake

Got tickets to see Muse in Paris

Paid my household bills over the net

Booked flights and hotel for Paris (Muse related again )

Currently looking at villas in Tuscany.

Hey Ho!
    'elf and safety guru

You like Muse then.

Comment

as long as you are not intending to charge your customer for this private time I see no problem.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I'm having a good day at work today, too.

Mind you, I left two hours ago having billed for a complete day.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

My day was similar only, I've a shedload of work to do. But I went to the pub at lunchtime, so can't be arsed to do it...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My day's been pretty good too. Met an old friend for lunch, had a wander around the park now back at my desk and working on my "vanity project"

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
              All my projects are now at the stage where I can no longer move forward without some permie actually doing something.....
              Hmmm...as you are no doubt aware, this is one of the most dangerous stages (for a contractor) of any Project.
              Have you requested the PM creates a new P.P. to reflect the delay?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

"Having a good day at work"

NO

'Messed' up my server first thing this morning. I've spend all day putting it right.

I did cure another problem at the same time though, but considering it was me not thinking when mucking about that caused it, I don't think it really counts as a positive.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  as long as you are not intending to charge your customer for this private time I see no problem.
                  Yeah Right!
                  'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Hmmm...as you are no doubt aware, this is one of the most dangerous stages (for a contractor) of any Project.
                    Have you requested the PM creates a new P.P. to reflect the delay?
                    My "manager" on site, remember I'm not IT, is fully aware of the situation.... as is his manager, the site director, as is his, the MD....

As I'm there performing "legal requirement" type stuff, i.e. it must be done and there's no one else on site capable of doing it (which is why they're in such a deep hole with the "legals") I'm feeling pretty secure

In the end, they said I could go home early, booking for the day of course....
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
                    X