• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian Outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Outsourcing

When is the UK I.T Industry going to make a stand against companies who are systematically abusing the system to de-nationalise the UK workforce onlt to replace them with cheap Immigrants??!!!!

Its not exactly denationalisation but I take your point.

Personally I enjoyed my last gig where I spent the last few months teaching off-shorers how to do my contract role only to be terminated a month before my official contract end. I didn't find that demotivating at all.
    Last edited by lightng; 4 June 2009, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
      When is the UK I.T Industry going to make a stand against companies who are systematically abusing the system to de-nationalise the UK workforce onlt to replace them with cheap Immigrants??!!!!

Do you mean with pitch forks and flaming torches?

Comment

The 'companies' are the 'UK IT industry' and that's what they want to do.

Only government intervention will stop it but labour think we're all tax dodging scumbags anyway so no help there.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Ohh.. Radio 4 finally did their show on this subject.
          Linky

Plenty of dirt on BT and Tech Mahindra

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post

Never. Industry wants it.

NuLieBore have taken bribes to allow it. The Conservatives are gagging for the chance to get their hands on the same back handers.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Ohh.. Radio 4 finally did their show on this subject.
              Linky

Plenty of dirt on BT and Tech Mahindra
              It's not limited to BT or Tech Mahindra ..... just about every major company is doing something similar.

What gets me is the blind mantra of "cost savings" every company spouts ..... I spent 4 months rescuing an offshore project, getting up close and personal with every line of code, which wasn't anywhere near the greatest and discovered they had paid about thirteen times what I estimated the total development costs would have been for doing it in-house.

The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
                It's not limited to BT or Tech Mahindra ..... just about every major company is doing something similar.

What gets me is the blind mantra of "cost savings" every company spouts ..... I spent 4 months rescuing an offshore project, getting up close and personal with every line of code, which wasn't anywhere near the greatest and discovered they had paid about thirteen times what I estimated the total development costs would have been for doing it in-house.

Oh! There was code!? One file I received from our subcontinental friends, (and had a manager screaming about the urgency to get deployed,) was actually a zip file collection of mp3s and a video renamed as a .war

The video, IIRC, was Princess Superstar - Bad Baby Sitter, so not all was a waste of time.

Caught hell for reverse engineering it, as it was part of the contract that it wasn't allowed ...

That client sure saves a lot of money outsourcing...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Its very odd that when IT is the future we get treated like scum and the future of the country outsourced.

No wonder this country is f**ked.

Comment

Much cheapness, plenty crapness!

I spoke to a RecCon yesterday about a gig I'd applied for. He said "Well you're an English Engineer, that's a bonus!"

Comment

Working...
                    X