• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown's last minutes - Another minister to jump ship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown's last minutes - Another minister to jump ship

This is the story going around. Just after 10 there's an important announcement expected...could be all groundless rumours tho...
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

It's Purnell, and he's calling for Gordon to stand down!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Let's hope the end-game is near !!

Comment

the slack jawed snot gobbler can't have long left now
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Let's hope the end-game is near !!
          Well I can't see how he can hang on now - is that 3 or 4 cabinet ministers who've left in a week? The only thing that may help him tonight is James Purnell is someone to the right of Norman Tebitt; I can't see that many in the Labour Party will want to be associated with him. But no, as soon as any election results come out (the locals tomorrow) Brown will be jettisoned quicker than a fig-laden t***.

Comment

Hopefully he will call a general election when it becomes obvious he will lose power, I can see him being the sort of person who would do it to put a leadership battle on hold because he knows he will lose.

I would really love to see him get pummelled in a general election and would find it a real shame if he went before it happens.

Comment

Purnell resignation just confirmed on BBC news.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                Hopefully he will call a general election when it becomes obvious he will lose power, I can see him being the sort of person who would do it to put a leadership battle on hold because he knows he will lose.

I would really love to see him get pummelled in a general election and would find it a real shame if he went before it happens.
                Naaah I'd like to see him dragged crying from Number 10. He spent so long scheming to get the job and then by the time he gets it he turns out to be totally sh1t at it!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Naaah I'd like to see him dragged crying from Number 10. He spent so long scheming to get the job and then by the time he gets it he turns out to be totally tulip at it!
                  Well the best ending I could imagine is him being led out of Number 10 in handcuffs, unfortunately it's not likely to happen .

Comment

Brown is rubbish, but isn't he the best Labour have got?

Comment

Working...
                    X