• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you have a house you dont like.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a house you dont like.....

now is a good chance to get rid of it before the next phase of the housing downturn begins.

HTH

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6433521.ece

Talk it up, talk it down - are the media in charge of this country?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      According to the front page of the Telegraph, yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
        Not for nothing are the BBC known in the FT as pestowire

Comment

Why would anyone have bought a house they don't like?

OK, I can understand it if you don't like the neighbours, but Mrs Tester and I paid special attention to seeking a house we both liked when we bought ours, as opposed to buying the place as an 'investment'; I guess that makes us unusual.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Why would anyone have bought a house they don't like?

OK, I can understand it if you don't like the neighbours, but Mrs Tester and I paid special attention to seeking a house we both liked when we bought ours, as opposed to buying the place as an 'investment'; I guess that makes us unusual.
            Doubt it. The place that I'm buying at the moment (admittedly, as an investment initially) - the wee village that it's in has been subject to a good few visits already to confirm that it's a nice place to live, nice place to (potentially) have small people, dogs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              now is a good chance to get rid of it before the next phase of the housing downturn begins.

HTH

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6433521.ece
              FFS don't tell SAS. The mentalist takes the piss out of me for buying a house in a declining market, and then buys one himself.

I really worry for the poor mentally unstable 5 foot nothing muppet.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I have (over the years) bought several "Houses I don't like"........... but I have never bought a "home I don't like" (at least initially)....

If me, Mrs Drewster and the Drewsterettes are going to live there then we must like it.....
                If its a (potential) investment then "like" doesn't come into it....

I have never even considered buying my "home" as an investment... even though most/all of them have turned out to be financialy profitable.
                I have never considered buying an investment (because) I like it.... although some of them have not turned out quite "as well" financially.

but at present "houses" are occupied - so no intention of selling....

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  FFS don't tell SAS. The mentalist takes the piss out of me for buying a house in a declining market, and then buys one himself.

I really worry for the poor mentally unstable 5 foot nothing muppet.
                  You realise sas is actually three people posting under one login?

It took me a while to workout the reason.

They couldn't find that much stupidity in only one individual.

Comment

Speculators still trying to pump & dump.

Anyway:
                    • Didn't the Land registry show a fall in house prices recently?
                    • Don't house prices usually rise in March and a fall in Summer?
                    • The Sun's out. Wait and see if a bit of rain puts a dampener on house prices.

Comment

Working...
                    X