• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long Term car hire….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Term car hire….

Anyone done this?

Focus is early 08 plate, 35K’s and I am worried about it’s reliability longer term.

Cost £12K new (diesel ghia, so comfy ok), should get around £7K for it.

Regular leasing not an option as I do around 40K’s (120 miles daily commute round trip).

Thinking about the Enterprise car leasing scheme where you pick up a new car every 12K’s, has anyone used this? If so, how to get the best deal?

Sums wise – if this is around £350 a month, this is around 2 years worth of leasing, and face it, my car will be worth scrap after a couple more years of those mileages…. Plus I would get a healthy cash injection.

Thoughts??

What sort of permie doesn't get a company car FFS?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      What sort of permie doesn't get a company car FFS?
      Wilmslow........
      <canned laughter>

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Focus is early 08 plate, 35K’s and I am worried about it’s reliability longer term.
        Why worry about a nearly new low mileage car? There are still plenty of 10 year old 'foci' about, you've just run that one in.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Why worry about a nearly new low mileage car? There are still plenty of 10 year old 'foci' about, you've just run that one in.
          WHS.

Join the RAC and get on with your life. Jeez....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            WHS.

Join the RAC and get on with your life. Jeez....
            Or buy a Honda, I don't know why I bother with the AA? They should offer lower premiums to people like me and offset them by loading up drivers of French cars.

But if I do get that Alfa 159 I'll be making sure I'm up to date on the payments.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Or buy a Honda, I don't know why I bother with the AA? They should offer lower premiums to people like me and offset them by loading up drivers of French cars.

But if I do get that Alfa 159 I'll be making sure I'm up to date on the payments.
              Guys, guys, guys ... get a bike.

Yummy.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-m...-696-white.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                Guys, guys, guys ... get a bike.

Yummy.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-m...-696-white.jpg
                Sorry! The page you requested could not be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Thoughts??
                  Jesus Holy Christ on a bike!!! Stop worrying about your mundane cars. Life is too short. Go and get laid or something - anything to change the f'n record!
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Sorry! The page you requested could not be found.

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my200...odel=M1100S-09

Peter Fonda, eat your heart out!

Comment

Working...
                    X