• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Space on bench ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space on bench ?

This gig is expiring end of the month. It was 3 months extension of my initial 6 months contract.

Last night, I sent an email to ClientCo. manager asking whats the situation ? He replied Its "more than likely" not to be renewed... and will have a meeting at some point today.

Iv also got holidays planned for next month, which is good.

But Im just confused, shall i start applying now because even if i manage to get interviews this month, Will they (employer/clientCo ) wait for a month?

I'd wait, then go on holiday next month, relax and enjoy life, get refreshed and then look.

Comment

Depends on your skill set surely? If they're fairly unique (and it fits to the project timescale) a half decent client would be prepared to wait for the right candidate. If you don't apply, you may miss out on a plum role.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Depends on your skill set surely? If they're fairly unique (and it fits to the project timescale) a half decent client would be prepared to wait for the right candidate. If you don't apply, you may miss out on a plum role.
        Shirley
        You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'd wait, then go on holiday next month, relax and enjoy life, get refreshed and then look.
          Thats what i might end up doing

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          My skillset is not specifically unique.....loads of developers around already.

I may start applying but the problem is that im stuck in scotland (for this gig) and most jobs in my domain are back in London. Taking a day off in a dying contract and fly back to London for an interview wouldnt be financially ideal. I also observed these days companies are conducting too many round of interviews even for Contractors.

Comment

I'd be booking my place on bench in 3 weeks time. I live close to London, so travelling there isn't a problem but Agents can take a p1ss if i jump the gun. Better not to advertise your CV but apply selectively - thats what i plan to do.

Comment

Working...
            X