• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train tickets

Gotta get from Nottingham to London tonight, I have the return part of nottingham to bedford, so that means i will have to get off at bedford....then buy a new ticket then get back on the next train to london..

any way around this?

not sure if I can buy a ticket at nottingham station for just the bedford - london part??

could just "fall asleep" on the train and end up in london.

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
    Gotta get from Nottingham to London tonight, I have the return part of nottingham to bedford, so that means i will have to get off at bedford....then buy a new ticket then get back on the next train to london..

any way around this?

not sure if I can buy a ticket at nottingham station for just the bedford - london part??

Buy it before you board, you don't have to buy a ticket from the station you intend travelling from. I could go into Portsmouth station and buy a ticket for travel from London to Birmingham.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

of course you can

Comment

do it on thetrainline.com
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You could almost certainly buy it from the guy who checks the tickets on the train.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

any way around this?

I drove to Nottingham the other weekend, went to that 'Rock City' place which was good, generally a bit of a chav-hole though.
            You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

I asked for a return ticket once, and the ticket woman asked "where to?" and I replied "back here of course!".

She didn't laugh.

Comment

Working...
              X