• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is proof?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is proof?

No, not a deep philosophical question as this involves agency ads. A lot of ads specify "proven experience of yada". What is proof? Can anything really be proven? Would a philosophical essay denying the existence of proof satisfy an agent and bag you an interview?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    No, not a deep philosophical question as this involves agency ads. A lot of ads specify "proven experience of yada". What is proof? Can anything really be proven? Would a philosophical essay denying the existence of proof satisfy an agent and bag you an interview?
    Yep. You can go to cisco's website put my name in and CCIE number and it'll be verified
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Yep. You can go to cisco's website put my name in and CCIE number and it'll be verified
      I don't think they are after certificates. e.g.
      Proven experience of SOAP...
      I once used soap, but didn't keep the receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I don't think they are after certificates. e.g.
        I know, I was putting my hand on it so to speak ...

Anyway, I dunno I'd describe it as certificate - wee bit more than that

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Proven experience of SOAP...

You don't stink at interview?

Comment

Ahhh a network guru, I've just started doing the CCENT as I need a route out of MS support as its going nowhere.

Can you recommend any of the netsims (any good free ones?) or should I be buying a Cisco lab kit from eBay?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Ahhh a network guru, I've just started doing the CCENT as I need a route out of MS support as its going nowhere.

Can you recommend any of the netsims (any good free ones?) or should I be buying a Cisco lab kit from eBay?
              Use dynamips - no point shelling out for routers these days (I just sold off the last of my lab, seriously depreciated in value).

Internetwork expert (The leading CCIE training company) got a good page on it:

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/iosonpc.htm

Comment

Use dynamips - no point shelling out for routers these days (I just sold off the last of my lab, seriously depreciated in value).

Internetwork expert (The leading CCIE training company) got a good page on it:

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/iosonpc.htm
                Excellent, just what I was after.

Have a beer on me.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

"Proven" means "tested" in this context, doesn't it? Like if you passed your driving test and then applied to do the Paris-Dakar Rally. The job ad would ask for "proven experience in the Sahara".

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    "Proven" means "tested" in this context, doesn't it? Like if you passed your driving test and then applied to do the Paris-Dakar Rally. The job ad would ask for "proven experience in the Sahara".
                    As in a technical test? I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                    X