• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deserted House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deserted House

First of all its my first thread on general so be nice...

I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc) and want to make an offer to the owners that obviously dont live there - so I got their names from the land registry - spoke to a less than helpful neighbour and have come to a dead end.

The question is (and Ive already googled etc) does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could (Cheaply) go about contacting the owners - Ive tried going through the phone book tried calling a few randoms with the same initials and surname to no avail - but have no Idea where they actually live - so its a bit of a needle in a haystack.

They bought the house in 2005 and apparently have only been round once or twice at the very beginning - nothing since - which seems strange as it was bought for 500 K back then. (they must have money to burn)

Any ideas guys ?

Ok which of you is going to deal with this?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just move in and claim squatters rights. After 12 years (I think) it becomes yours

Comment

off the top of my head...

....contact the solicitor that did the conveyancing (see LR), hire a private detective, check Equifax GAN, local council, etc for clues... or as has been already suggested, move in and keep your head down for 12 years.

PZZ

Comment

Go East.
          Open the door.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Mat7777 View Post
            First of all its my first thread on general so be nice...

I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc) and want to make an offer to the owners that obviously dont live there - so I got their names from the land registry - spoke to a less than helpful neighbour and have come to a dead end.

The question is (and Ive already googled etc) does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could (Cheaply) go about contacting the owners - Ive tried going through the phone book tried calling a few randoms with the same initials and surname to no avail - but have no Idea where they actually live - so its a bit of a needle in a haystack.

They bought the house in 2005 and apparently have only been round once or twice at the very beginning - nothing since - which seems strange as it was bought for 500 K back then. (they must have money to burn)

Any ideas guys ?
            I may be able to put you in touch with a firm of enquiry agents, if it'd help?

Comment

I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc)
              AtW probably lives on the top floor.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                AtW probably lives on the top floor.
                But don't worry. The filthy, unwashed, moustachioud bloke with a squirrel on a leash, muttering to himself isn't really dangerous.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc)
                  It's in Swindon isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by HRHisaravingfelchlord View Post
                    It's in Swindon isn't it?
                    But don't worry, the fat, bald, dumpy, unshaven, filthy bloke obsessively counting the pennies in his jar and muttering about being a millionaire isn't really dangerous.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X