• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

well blow me down!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well blow me down!

so i just got an offer after interview, rate agreed beforehand. post interview i asked the agent what % they were on and they didn't really tell me but said it was a fixed markup pre-agreed or something. anyhow i asked could they get me more and they said 'i'll go away and see what i can do, i'll try my best' to which i was thinking 'yeah yeah, whatevaaah' and sure enough they turn round and increased the rate by £20 per day. sweet!

i've never had that happen before- has anyone else?

Originally posted by catboy View Post
    so i just got an offer after interview, rate agreed beforehand. post interview i asked the agent what % they were on and they didn't really tell me but said it was a fixed markup pre-agreed or something. anyhow i asked could they get me more and they said 'i'll go away and see what i can do, i'll try my best' to which i was thinking 'yeah yeah, whatevaaah' and sure enough they turn round and increased the rate by £20 per day. sweet!

i've never had that happen before- has anyone else?
    They never told you the rate, they were probably on something really high like 35-40% and dropped some of their rate slightly so you wouldn't ask them any more questions.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      They never told you the rate, they were probably on something really high like 35-40% and dropped some of their rate slightly so you wouldn't ask them any more questions.
      WHS.

I bet they are pissing themselves laughing.

Comment

yeah i guess... hmmm. oh well, i'll try and find out and renegotiate next round, as it is likely to be extended.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          WHS.

I bet they are pissing themselves laughing.
          The fact is that he is happy with his rate - and for him that is what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            The fact is that he is happy with his rate - and for him that is what counts.
            Good for him!

You might not think that agencies taking 40% of the clients money is important, but then wonder why why he gets canned as the budget runs out.

Greedy agents do contractors and clients no good whatsoever.

Comment

Since when were clients and contractors important?

Comment

Good for him!

You might not think that agencies taking 40% of the clients money is important, but then wonder why why he gets canned as the budget runs out.

Yes but he's happy and he posted his joy and all you did was p1ss on his barbeque.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                  Yes but he's happy and he posted his joy and all you did was p1ss on his barbeque.
                  Cos life is Tulip!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Cos life is Tulip!
                    Agreed on that point.

Comment

Working...
                    X